Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: A lures true value!

Re: A lures true value!

Quote Originally Posted by snodger 08 View Post
    Not black and gold but they look in good knick.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NICE-VINTAGE-...item1c1333c52e

Steve
    Thanks for that Steve........it's been a long time no see.......They were definitely the lure of yesteryear and certainly would still account for Barra today......I'll keep an eye on that link to see what they bring at auction.....Certainly classed as a collectors item these days.
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Speaking of those X Raps

Here is my modification using a break away system Attachment 59060

The wire is 21kg SURFLON MICRO ULTRA knottable stainless steel nylon coated (40lb Jinkai crimps) & small sacrificial split is used at the rear.

Hooks are #4 & #2 Owner STN66 - with original splits.

Its early days yet ..... but its held on a couple of meter fish (landed) & during fights with a couple of others - Time will tell

Chris
    Hmmm thinking the way the rear trebble is set up could help with short striking as well. Dunno... just a thought.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by snodger 08 View Post
    Hmmm thinking the way the rear trebble is set up could help with short striking as well. Dunno... just a thought.
    Steve
    Steve - I deliberately went longer for that reason + that it allows twist - the lack of torque should stop hooks opening up too

Chris

PS ..... I'm going to dress the rear treble with white feathers - I reckon that could be a clincher for a suspending lure
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Yeah was thinking the same with the feathers. I looked at the originals and thought what a waste "L"

Chris,
    Just used the original feathers, red cotton and nail polish. Not like factory but look alright hey.

X-Raps ARE on sale at B*F 25% off, only till tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete62 View Post
    heard that before
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    heard that before
    Trust me, I just bought 3 SXR-12's @ $16.50 each

Trust me, I just bought 3 SXR-12's @ $16.50 each
    Ya done well Pete at that store......Not the case at mine
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

Same in Toowoomba Pete. Just rang them up. She said that still on special tomorrow. There goes the lure budget
    Thanks for the tip hey

Here is a little bit of fun from the 1st Mondy Muster ......... The IBD anthem

Sing it all!

I've got every lure man ... I've got every lure man ... I've got every lure man - - Cause I've got every lure!

I've got a deep driver , slow riser , fast sinker , suss- pender , blade fizzer , shallow runner , surface popper , hyper viper , crazy deep , mask vibe ,jap crap from megabass , mad mullet , mundi magic , Lucky craft Arra barra bought from coolangatta ....... stick to Aussie lures

cause I got every lure man ,,, i've got every lure man ! Hope they fit in the van man - - cause I've got every lure!

Yeh, but listen here mate? ...... you needa Bony bream , big sammy , Bills Bug ,Manta ray , Classic pro , 120 , river rat , green bomber , Tilsan barra , barra bait , Goulburn Jack , X Rap , Jointed Shad , Tango dancer ,sub walk , stump jumper to catch a thumper ........ All with owner upgrades!

cause I've got every lure man ,,, I've got every lure man ! thrown at every snag man - - cause I've got every lure!

Now what colours mate? ........ You need Ayu , Bunker , fluoro , Red gill , Elton John , bleeding mullet ,Chartreuse , guns & roses , gold ones , green ones , brown ones , blue ones , silver ones .....which can be fun!. Just dont forget a black .... ........ After that , get some .... Baby bass ,Glass ghost , lemon lime , evil minnow , Silver flash , red head , fire tiger , sunset shiner , bobby dazzler, spotted dog , parakeet , hot pink .... & whatchya think of ........ Techni colour yawn ?

But I'll tell you what you haven't got .......... FOXIES FLAPS , SLICK RIGS ,BOZO'S , RIPPIN MINNOWS , SWIM SHADS - OTHER PLASTICS - THAT'S FANTASTIC & BETTER REMEMBER FROGS!

Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO