Thread: Advice fishing Windorah.

Advice fishing Windorah.

I am pleased to inform that I am going out to Windorah for a fish 1 -4 June.
    Driving down from Cairns thru the back blocks with a mate and meet my Dad and a few mates out there who are going out from Chinchilla.

Any tips on bait and Fishing methods., Rigs?? Or previous threads?

I am at ease fishing for yellas in the Condamine etc. They will be bringing crays and I know we can get shrimps out there and I will be will bring heaps of worms from Cairns.
    Any tips appreciated

Cheers

John

Re: Advice fishing Windorah.

I spent yime out there in the cattle country as a kid mate, steak, believe it or not was the bait everyone used. Poke into the Western Star and a few well aimed schooners will get you on the right track. The yellas are big and fat and there is mobs of catfish {dewfish} and grunter{silvers} Reserve on the deadman channell used to fish well, shrimp and yabbies obviously work well too.

Mate I can confirm the bait was steak. cattle country mate. the bait was far more palatable than anything you will pull out of the channel country water; but a good experience just the same. As for rigs; a hook on a piece of string with a lump of steak. :wink:

Unbelievable, no skill and the results = muddy crap you can't eat. But great nights on the river and the pub at Windorah, :rolleyes: well magnificent. :cheesy:

Most of my Money is spent on Booze and Fishin.
    The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

Sounds like me yabby fishing as a kid. Is it ok to get bait on the way there? Like just pop a cow in the middle of nowwhere and get some steak? Just kidding.

I really am looking foward to the camp out factor in the trip as well. Living in Cairns now and really miss the western country
    Thanks fullas.

John