Thread: Fishing Permits

Fishing Permits

Hey all

Is a permit required to catch red claw in Somoerset dam?
    And also is there size and bag limits?

thanks.

Re: Fishing Permits

Hi mate,
    according to the DPI its only required for using a fishing line so red claw should be fine. I have cut & paste what the web site says below:

Before you go fishing in any of Queensland's dams, check the list below to see if you need a permit, called a Stocked Impoundment Permit (SIP). These are the 33 dams where a SIP is required.
    You only need one permit per couple (married or de facto), and those under 18 do not need one at all.
    The permit allows you to fish with a hand-held or set fishing line - nothing else. You are not allowed to use a net, for instance.
    A permit covers all 33 dams. They cost:
    • $7 per week
    • $35 per year
    • $31.50 per year if you are entitled to the 10% discount.
      You are entitled to the discount if you have any of these entitlement cards: Queensland Government Seniors Card, Pensioner Concession Card, Health Care Card and Repatriation Health Care Card (Gold Card).
    SIPs are sold:
    • online via the Queensland Goverment Gateway. To use this option you will need a printer and a credit card
    • by phoning Primary Industries and Fisheries (part of the Department of Employment, Economic Development and Innovation) on 13 25 23. You can only buy a permit over the phone if your fishing trip is not in the next five working days due to time needed to post your permit. To use this option you will need a credit card
    • from small business outlets throughout Queensland. To find the closest outlet to you, select the target region below.

heres the website link I got it from.
    http://www.dpi.qld.gov.au/28_13268.htm
    Cheers
    Steve

I think you need to purchase a boat permit at somerset also roughly 15 dols i think don't quoate me on it though

I reckon you would need one and for 7 bucks its worth the donate so they can keep stocking our dams

And also is there size and bag limits

Nope

no permit required to catch red claw and no size and bag limit in this area.
    MUST have traps complying to relevant regulations

cool cheers guys,