Thread: lake maps stheast qld lakes

lake maps stheast qld lakes

Does anyone know of a map card or a download of topographic maps that can be used on my gps equiped sounders

Re: lake maps stheast qld lakes

I'm not 100% Tim, but I don't think there are any high detail topographics available, like they are for US bass lakes.

Cheers
    Paul
    Ranger 188VX - "Sweet Chariot"

Hi Tim,
    I have done heaps of net surfing trying to find the same thing and have come up empty. I heard a rumour that Navionics was working on maps for Australian dams, but was also told it would be a few years away. Dont know how accurate that info was tho.
    Steve

None available to my knowledge. With that said, you would need maps in sync to dam levels. As many are finding out the dams at 80% are a whole new world to 20% levels. The google earth shots are good enough for a rough guide and Fitzy has provided maps on his site that get you going. Its all about time on the water or pinching knowledge from the right locals. The first time I went to one FNQ impoundment young Theo was better than any map, and great company to boot,
    cheers

G'Day Tim,

I have been looking for the same things for a while now mate, without success,Navionics have not built one or are likely to make one available.

When we first started the boating access scheme at NPD i had a hand held Magellan Platinum which showed the outline only of NPD and Peter Faust dam, the only two dams i tried it on.

You can, however, buy maps for Awoonga and Monduran that have had the grids laid over a topo map, they show the old river beds, the water line at several water heights. You can actually look at the lats and longs on your GPS and relate it to the map and find your position. Not the bees knees but better than nothing.

Cheers,

John.

I reckon garmin would be your best bet here. You can get topo maps for them, not sure how accurate they are with regards to dams. I dare say all maps will be from Sunmap, so perhaps a visit to your local map shop might be the go. You can buy the sunmap raster for around $100 that has all maps.

Thanks guys Tim.

The best thing for the dams , aparantly, are old pre dam topos..if you can get them.

My brother has a complete set of pre dam topos for the Burdican dam.....but that sort ogf thing is no good for getting it onto your plotter.

cheers
    Its the details, those little details, that make the difference.