Thread: Timber wolf lure?

Timber wolf lure?

It's amazing what you find at the back of the tackle box when you have a search for things.
    Found this one. I think it was a freeebie with Modern fishing a few years back. From all searches I have done I can't find any reference to it anywhere except on kayak fishers aus website.
    This one, hope I am not side-swiping Shane from Timber wolf is absolute crap and IMO must be a gee-up from elsewhere and not one of his.
    The bib is rivetted on, the hooks are low quality to say the least and there was, before I removed it a cast aluminium ring at the eye point(which is cut and folded by the way). The ring had a severly serated unfinished inner edge that would have taken care of even a wire trace it was so coarse.
    Did anyone else have one of these? MF have included a some dodgy lures over the years and I have a few from memory{my brother-in-law works for a newsagent and they occasionally fall off the returned magazines:huh: }.

Re: Timber wolf lure?

Looks like a copy of a CD-Rapala Magnum to me

Rapala would be up them like the proverbial rat then because if it's a copy of anything , it's very poor.:grin:

Am heading out hopefully tomorrow for a couple of hours and will give this one ago just to see how it goes. According to the bloke at kayakF, the swim motion is crap.

Yeah, I have one from the same place. It is somewhere in the shed and will be staying there for the same reasons you have said.

Steve

Sacrificial Lure
    "True Blue"

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4frog View Post
    Rapala would be up them like the proverbial rat then because if it's a copy of anything , it's very poor.:grin:
    Not a great deal Rapala can do if there's enough difference.

Rapalas have been getting copied for 50 or more years from various manufacturers.

Here's a couple of early magnums for comparison

Wow, have never had a Rapala lure in my collection. Those are very similar to this one. They look a more solid lure with respect to the bib though.
    I actually sent an email to the guy at the Timber Wolf website and he asked for some pics so i sent them off this morning.
    To me, if this is a rip-off of the timber wolf name it's a similar situation to the cheap rod giveaway that a certain magazine was involved in a few years back. I can't remember which magazine it was and wouldn't mention the name here for that reason as I might mix them up and get in the poo.

4x4 frog great to see you have the great Blazer the Bear ruler and putting it to good use