Thread: side console conversion parts

Question side console conversion parts

hi all,

i have an allycraft 425 reelmate with a yammy 30cv tiller. looking at converting it to a side console. just after a list of all the parts required and a rough price for them. i have a mate who can weld up the console and weld to the boat so just need to know what else i need like steering components and parts to convert motor from tiller to forward controlls. dont need any guages for the console either. any info and tips would be greatly appreciated! i am located on the sunny coast but can pick parts up from bris too as i work down that way.

cheers, aaran

Re: side console conversion parts

Call a Yamaha dealer and they will give you a breakdown of cost
    Rough guide
    Control box $450
    Parts to convert motor to forward control aprox $300
    Steering arm $100
    Cables $140
    Steering kit $350
    Wheel $50

Not a cheap exercise

Aaran

have a browse around boats.net just may find what your looking for and save a quid.I have used them in the past and no probs to report.

Steeler

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

G'day,

I suggest the following:

Price the Yamaha parts as previously described and buy them.

Do not weld the consol to the boat. Weld in a floor frame to support it around a flanged base and bolt it down.

At the same time as the floor frame is welded in, weld in a seat mount tube and at least two conduit tubes - one to carry electrics and one to carry steering cable or hydraulic lines. If you want to rig sounder and radio and GPS on the dash later add an extra conduit tube with a length of aluminium welding wire in it ready to use to pull through the wiring.

This arrangement will ensure that you can get into the hull for maintenance and repairs.

Regards,

White Pointer

There is an alternate option and possibly cheaper if cost becomes an issue:

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/newinventors/txt/s1969662.htm

"GANAT Swingaway" ".........steering console that swings out of the way when you want to get the most out of the limited space on your boat......... "

They also have a video there. They have in the past turned up at the Tinnie and Tackle show. It looks solid. Good luck with it all.