Thread: Big redclaw pics

Big redclaw pics

I caught these redclaw last year at summerset, the biggest was 38cm i have a pic of it but cant load it up because the photo is to big but you can see it next to the rum bottle anyway, thought i would post them up, cheers.

Re: Big redclaw pics

very nice, a few good feeds their hey mate

what bait do you use, I use half boiled spuds, seem to work for me
    Barra, Boars, Bundy & bare arsed
    cottersfnq@yahoo.com.au

Thanks for the photo's. I've never seen one before.
    I take it they are as good to eat as our yabbies? Do you use them for bait too?
    38cm...........wouldnt want THAT latching onto my toe!

Bear

They are bait! Still some people eat 'em, but they eat prawns, oysters, bugs and all sorts of bait then wonder why they are crook. Its just another aquatic maggot, cleaning up the scraps.

Most of my Money is spent on Booze and Fishin.
    The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

Quote Originally Posted by mouse71 View Post
    very nice, a few good feeds their hey mate

what bait do you use, I use half boiled spuds, seem to work for me
    yeah I use potatoes sometimes but i seem to get a more using chunks of dog meat from the butcher

Quote Originally Posted by Bear001 View Post
    Thanks for the photo's. I've never seen one before.
    I take it they are as good to eat as our yabbies? Do you use them for bait too?
    38cm...........wouldnt want THAT latching onto my toe!
    yeah i use the small ones for bait occasionally and yeah they cook up nicely and they taste great.

Quote Originally Posted by darylive View Post
    Bear

They are bait! Still some people eat 'em, but they eat prawns, oysters, bugs and all sorts of bait then wonder why they are crook. Its just another aquatic maggot, cleaning up the scraps.

ha ha ha i take it you don't eat these so called aquatic maggots that only clean up scraps then? when was the last time you ate a piece of flake?

sweet feed there

Bear they are softies compared to a Yabby, you can put your hand whilst blindfolded into a bucket full of them and pick one out (not recommended though haha) try doing that with a bucket full of Yabby's

cheers Murf

Quote Originally Posted by trax_86 View Post
    I caught these redclaw last year at summerset, the biggest was 38cm i have a pic of it but cant load it up because the photo is to big but you can see it next to the rum bottle anyway, thought i would post them up, cheers.

How did you get them to fall into line :cheesy: - sure they didn't get into the rum & beer:huh:

Nice feed !

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by darylive View Post
    Bear

I'm with you, darylive, wouldn't get me eating any of them, including flake (I always ask what it is) & catfish. Bait only for me.

This will probably bring on some reactions, but that's fine. If others like to eat them they are welcome. I don't have a problem with what people want to eat so long as it is not in my stomach.

Quote Originally Posted by fishel View Post
    I'm with you, darylive, wouldn't get me eating any of them, including flake (I always ask what it is) & catfish. Bait only for me.
    tee hee.....you know the only freshwater fish I really like to eat is catfish.....lmao...yep...each to their own.