Thread: bugger, smoke out the tell tale

bugger, smoke out the tell tale

not good, not fishing today.................

started the motor to check it before heading to the ramp, and got no water and got some smoke coming out the tell tale

bugger, bugger............. off to the mechanics on Tuesday

Re: bugger, smoke out the tell tale

Fingers crossed she's just a stuffed impeller.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

weird, the impellor was changed very recently - maybe 15 or 20 engine hours ago

Did the old one come out in one piece ?, no small broken bits to create a blockage

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

not that I am aware of, no report as such. was a routine change out last time

150 Optimax

Hope it's just the impellar for you. Have you seen the weather tuesday and wednesday? Guess you will be able to get it repaired wednesday afternoon in preparation for the next weather window.

Cheers
    Chris

it was bone dry, so I am guessing some sort of total blockage down at the water pump

A new Opti would be great Chris, but not the sort of repair bill I will be looking for..................

I'm just playing with your mind. You'll get the old girl going without issue I reckon.

Cheers
    Chris

Mate - its bound to just be impeller - there often isnt much in it. My Yam 115 recently would tell tale with the muffs but not in the tank...typical tired water pump. Nothing a kit shouldnt fix.

Cheers
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

mine will normally weep a little out the tell tell from the muffs before even starting the motor - something obviously very wrong from normal now though. Strange that a brand new impellor would crap out after bugger all use. It flushed out properly after last use and now nothing.

will know soon though

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by trueblue View Post
    not that I am aware of, no report as such. was a routine change out last time

Its good practice for a mechanic to give back anything replaced. Lets you see that it has been replaced and the condition that the replaced parts were in.