Thread: In hull Transducer for a fishfinder

In hull Transducer for a fishfinder

HI I have a 3 seater jetski and am having trouble finding a fishfinder with an in hull transducer to fit inside the hull. I live on the gold coast can anyone help and tell me where I can find an in hull transducer and what a good fishfinder would be for my jetski.

Re: In hull Transducer for a fishfinder

HI trying to get a inhull transducer to work on a jetski is almost impossible i have put a attch for you Damian can help with everything hope this helps . Dont know what happened when u called sat nite lost service.

Perry

http://mmstainless.com.au/catalog/JE...ducts-2-1.html

http://www.ozpwc.com/index.php?optio...pper&Itemid=44

It is my belief you can use any of the Humminbird transducers as "through Hull" it's only a matter of arolditinng the transducer to the inside of the hull just make sure you mix the glue well and that there are no air bubbles.

Mossie1

AFAIK any transducer can shoot through the hull. I have a Eagle shooting through my fiberglass hull and it works perfectly. I wouldnt use araldite either silicone or All Clear work and All Clear has the advantage that it can just be peeled off if you want to remove the transducer.

Definitely don't use araldite! The product supplied in Transducer fitting kits sold at Hobie is called "Goop" It works well but sets like a rock. I just had to do a removal and upgrade. It came off and cleaned up well after a lot of work cutting the old "Goop" of the old transducer. I have reset the new upgrade one in clear silicon. Works a treat.