Thread: Mooloolaba Saturday 24th

Mooloolaba Saturday 24th

Heading up to Mooloolaba Saturday morning late start 8am (due to work). Plan is to fish the 12mile first for some parrot and lippers then head out to cal wide for a pearly and snapper bash for the avo high tide return just after dark. Sounds easy in writing hopefully the weather holds and does what it looks like it will should get better as the day goes on. Anyone else heading up that way saturday? If so give us a yell call sign is "No Bananas" vhf21
    Cheers Brendan...........

Re: Mooloolaba Saturday 24th

Brendan

What boat you going going out in and what fuel range is required.?. I may go to mooloolaba for the very first time.

I was thinking that Saturday morning was looking like the best day in quite a while to head out of Mooloolaba, but I'm in a 435 Quintrex Hornet Trophy, so only looking to go to Old Woman Island. Any words of advice for someone who has never been there before? Just want to chase some reef fish, and maybe do some trolling. What can I expect?
    Cheers,
    Ross

Tim and Ross I will be heading out in my 4.5 m side console. the weather charts are showing that the wind will drop out by lunch time for a beaut arvo.Eelman you don't need a big boat to catch fish mate it just makes it more comfy. I have a honda 50 on the back and use around the 40lt mark of fuel for a trip out to cal wide I generally travel between 80 and 100 ks for the day so you should be able to work out your range from that Tim. If your going to head up drop us a pm and we'll organise a meeting point I wont be up there until about 8am late start I know but I wont finish work until 3am sat morn and need a couple of hours sleep.
    Ross pm me if you want any advise fishing offshore from a tinney mate you certainly get some odd looks 20mile out but you don't need a big flash boat to get amongst them just common sence. Cheers Brendan...

Watch out for the Game Boats this weekend.....the Billfish Bonanza is on and there will be boats dragging lures all over the place.

Greg

wish I was fishing it greg but I have to work sunday. Hopefully there are still a few billies around for them. Brendan