Thread: Fishing near springbrook... nerang river?

Fishing near springbrook... nerang river?

Hi to all, I'm heading to a property up at springbrook for the anzac weekend and was going to tow the tinnie up so we could go for a fish during the day.
    Can anyone verify the location of a new boat ramp or other launching ramps on the more inland part of the nerang river and suggest fishing stratagies in this area .... or can anyone suggest other fishing spots near the area ... I'd go to the Hinze Dam but no outboards are allowed
    cheers
    CHARTER BOAT, WHAT CHARTER BOAT?

Re: Fishing near springbrook... nerang river?

hey spear king
    pretty much the last boat ramp on the nerang river is next to the m1 at nerang.
    close to the comercial hotel nerang
    sorry i cant rember the road its on
    guys have been getting some small bass up there on surface lures
    hope this helps

Re: Fishing near springbrook... nerang river?

Dont know where you are coming from but its not a nice drive winding up to springbrook via Mudgeeraba with boat and trailer. Your best bet really is to pull the motor off at home, grab some oars and go to the Numinbah ramp of Hinze via the back way from Springbrook. Just row out in the area around the ramp and flick lures around there. Remember Hinze requires a license. 3 weeks ago the ranger was on the water in his boat checking people. Otherwise were Ellis said. - all the best Richard