Thread: Port Stephens this Friday&Saterday

Port Stephens this Saterday&Sunday

Hi there, I'm making my way down to Shoal Bay on Friday and need someone to join me on Saterday and Sunday. Planning to go out wide on 5m centre console as the weather looks to be a pearler. Need confirmation asap if possible. Call me on 0427651442 if you are interested.

Cheers,
    Hilton.

Re: Port Stephens this Friday&Saterday

fngaus,

G'day, mate if I was down Post Stephens I'd go. I know the area very well, was my home port when working on commercial trawlers.

Although Broughton Island was good before it was made into a marine park, along with the coast immediately south right through to Northern Section of Stockton Beach, bloody NSW extreme greenie groups are blamed for this as well as NSW Govt for lack of public and stakeholder consultations.

Peter

Re: Port Stephens this Saterday&Sunday

I'm sorry you can't make it as the conditions looks to be perfect and I'm sure you probably know all the secrets. Yeah, don't get me started on those greenies!!

Re: Port Stephens this Friday&Saterday

Yeah no worries fngaus, I'm a little homesick at times lovely bluewater down there.

Fisheries in NSW have a lot of eyes and ears working on their behalf otherwise they would not be able to patrol / police the vast area. There are a few reefs but in deep water.

I don't know how far out the marine park goes to sea at Yaccaba Head / Tomaree Point.

Peter