Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: its like a inland Sea

Re: its like a inland Sea

Quote Originally Posted by hairypunt View Post
    I was really interested in hearing about awoonga water levels and how the rain has changed this iconic water way esp when i see a post written buy someone like trev who knows the waterway like the back of his hand. But instead i get half way down the page and have to read some B.S debate started by the mayor of ausfish.

Sorry for the rant trev i always look forward to reading your reports i think its a shame that so many interesting posts get hijacked.

Do you have any pics of the new dam for us brisbanites to have a look at?

I Have not been to the dam for a couple of years now last time i was there i just about needed a stop revive survive break while reversing the trailor down the ramp.
    Mayor of Ausfish ........ love it!

Hairy ...... If you didn't notice , you just did the same thing

Unlike your good self - my 1 line comment was made in context to the thread by Trev ......... yes a healthy debate followed but finished just as quick ..... no harm done with no personal attacks - we moved on! - It may have even raised awareness

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

I was really interested in hearing about awoonga water levels and how the rain has changed this iconic water way esp when i see a post written buy someone like trev who knows the waterway like the back of his hand. But instead i get half way down the page and have to read some B.S debate started by the mayor of ausfish.

Sorry for the rant trev i always look forward to reading your reports i think its a shame that so many interesting posts get hijacked.

Do you have any pics of the new dam for us brisbanites to have a look at?

I Have not been to the dam for a couple of years now last time i was there i just about needed a stop revive survive break while reversing the trailor down the ramp.
    Dear Hairy or is it Mr Punt err whatever. Photos ? yes these where taken when the dam about 80% its gone up a bit since then
    http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...d.php?t=161906 .Just said to the old girl. lets go for a holiday ? That a good idea she said ! where are we going ? Sydney ? Tasmania. l have always wanted to vist Tassie.
    What about the south of France..So where are we going dear ? The Bush Camp.. Did l say something wrong ?

Trev re the salvinia - Salvinia weevil Cyrtobagous salviniae will be the chief control method now I'd expect. Meaning its now part of the waterscape, pity.

As for the inland sea, Awoonga is not that big now that it no longer fits into one of Lake Argyle's back pockets

Thanks for the pics trev cant believe how differant it looks...
    As for the name Mr punt or hairy any of those are fine you can call me susan if it makes you happy really doesn't bother me.

As for the mayor comment, funny i dont see anything in my post directing the remark to you nagg but if you think of yourself as the mayor, who am i to crush your dreams .

Thanks for the pics trev cant believe how differant it looks...
    As for the name Mr punt or hairy any of those are fine you can call me susan if it makes you happy really doesn't bother me.

As for the mayor comment, funny i dont see anything in my post directing the remark to you nagg but if you think of yourself as the mayor, who am i to crush your dreams .

I just liked the term - Mayor of Ausfish ....... Funnily enough , I cant see where I may of claimed that title

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Evening Your Worship.
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

Evening My Lord
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says...
    'Oh Shit.....she's awake'

Lookout here come the faithfull followers ....right on que.

Lookout here come the faithfull followers ....right on que.
    ahhh yes , the crew

Ok ..... I think the thread has now been officially hijacked
    - sorry Trev
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

I thankyou for your last post nagg as you have pointed out something very true THIS POST HAS BEEN HIJACKED could not agree more infact a perfect example of a hijacked post.

But who is responsible??? It seems that posts 7,8,9,10,11,12,13,16,20,21,22,23,24,25 of this thread, have nothing to do with the original topic theres even mention of pirhanas,feral cats and rabbits and the dumping of plant clippings??? Now check how many of these are written by me.

All i did was throw a couple of "one line" smartass comments in to fan the fire and you/crew reacted as i expected you would.
    I thought that someone as smart as yourself and with the life skills you have learnt over the years would know when someone is being a s#*t stirer and when to ignore them. I said to myself before i submited my first reply that if no one reacts i'll leave it alone. This is an example of being blinded by EGO you were so blinded you hijacked a friends thread without even realising.

Imagine if all the negative posts were ignored and all of the ego was left out, we would have an awesome forum where new suggestions, techniques etc could be approched with an open mind and new members would be confident enough to share there ideas without being bombarded buy ego driven nonsence. IMO the freshwater section on this site has turned to rubbish and its a shame to see so many of my fav members have stopped posting because of this issue.

I am sorry to anyone who is offended by what i have posted or anyone who see's this as a personal attack. But i know that i am not the only person that feels this way about the f/w section.

I also would like to say sorry to trev. I respect you as a angler and a person believe it or not i have sat beside and had a drink with you and scotty a few years back at kinchant waters. My friend and i still talk about the storys you and scott told us and are still blown away by them. Sorry for my part in hijacking this post.

Regards kyle.

Bravo Kyle.

And I thought I was the only one that felt that way....

I thankyou for your last post nagg as you have pointed out something very true THIS POST HAS BEEN HIJACKED could not agree more infact a perfect example of a hijacked post.

But who is responsible??? It seems that posts 7,8,9,10,11,12,13,16,20,21,22,23,24,25 of this thread, have nothing to do with the original topic theres even mention of pirhanas,feral cats and rabbits and the dumping of plant clippings??? Now check how many of these are written by me.

All i did was throw a couple of "one line" smartass comments in to fan the fire and you/crew reacted as i expected you would.
    I thought that someone as smart as yourself and with the life skills you have learnt over the years would know when someone is being a s#*t stirer and when to ignore them. I said to myself before i submited my first reply that if no one reacts i'll leave it alone. This is an example of being blinded by EGO you were so blinded you hijacked a friends thread without even realising.

Imagine if all the negative posts were ignored and all of the ego was left out, we would have an awesome forum where new suggestions, techniques etc could be approched with an open mind and new members would be confident enough to share there ideas without being bombarded buy ego driven nonsence. IMO the freshwater section on this site has turned to rubbish and its a shame to see so many of my fav members have stopped posting because of this issue.

I am sorry to anyone who is offended by what i have posted or anyone who see's this as a personal attack. But i know that i am not the only person that feels this way about the f/w section.

I also would like to say sorry to trev. I respect you as a angler and a person believe it or not i have sat beside and had a drink with you and scotty a few years back at kinchant waters. My friend and i still talk about the storys you and scott told us and are still blown away by them. Sorry for my part in hijacking this post.

Regards kyle.
    Since we are having a last word here Kyle & I thank you for finally identifying yourself.
    Yes the thread has gone south ........ ............. and all apologies to Trev - However unless I'm mistaken .... the slight deviation was still in reference to part of Trevs original post ...... Salvinia - though it was quickly discussed - done & dusted ( without checking still all within the first page).
    Kyle .... Thats right , you knew exactly what you were doing when you aimed that shot . Did you really expect - no response ? .... of course you didn't ! - thats why you tossed the grenade in........... & have kept throwing.

As for Ego 's .... yes I have one , dont we all ! - though your use of it in reference to me is way off the mark ...... Opinionated (most certainly).

Yes its a shame that some people dont post here anymore - the reality is though some of those same people are not posting on their preferred site as well ....... members come & go...... Some use the site to promote their own cause
    Sorry that you feel that the FW section has turned to rubbish - & you are entitled to your opinion.... There would no doubt be people that would agree with you - Fortunately there would be a hell of a lot that will disagree with you too ..... Infact the freshwater section has become stronger with many personal friendships formed - Information is readily shared & help is always offered .... be it to a mate or newby alike. There is no evidence of elitism , people are accepted regardless of their status , achievements whatever .......certainly no homage is paid or expected. - If you don't believe me , just attend one of our gatherings , which by the way are growing from strength to strength - Try finding that elsewhere.
    Maybe from an outsider looking in ...... it appears like a clique - but that only comes from the existence of such strong friendships .........
    Finally .....I find these comments a bit rich coming from such a prodigious contributor as your good self

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Thankyou nagg,
    i have enjoyed this exchange of words.

Ohh yeh before i go i consider myself as a sh!t stirrer....not a contributor.

Kind regards Kyle.

This is a very solid section theres a thread on the Condamine,Murray Cod in Texas,Freshwater shrimps,Cania report,Burrendong classic report,Bait for Coopers Creek,Report on the Borumba Bash, theres a wealth of information here,for those who want to look.Its too easy I suppose to zoom in on a particular identity and throw rocks.Unfortunately mate you end up looking like the prat you obviously are.
    Paulo (No rabbits they've had their day)

Thank you Linesmen, Thank you Ballboys. Game ,Set, and Match. Thread closed