Thread: upper coomera local

upper coomera local

g'day
    my name is adam and i live close to the coomera river. i have actually been a member for a couple of months now and have put some posts up but i though i would introduce myself. i dont own a boat but pretty much have unlimited access to the inlaw's and havent caught a decent fish in about 8 years. am keen to see if i am doing something wrong or if i am cursed

Ausfish Platinum Member gr hilly's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: upper coomera local

i hope you use bait Adam 8 yrs something very wrong here mate.it might try to find some one to go fishing with you,some one that's a good fisherman but that might be hard if your cursed,theres some beaut fish in that river near you,mullet or prawns for bait nice big green prawns on a 5.o hook and a nice slice of fresh mullet we normally try to get live bait it by far works best about a 12 lb line and as little lead as possible to get you on the bottom, cast up stream and just keep on working your line i hope this helps

tight lines hilly

Gday and Welcome Adam...try even half of what Hilly just suggested mate and you'll be haulin in the scales
    Looking forward to your first post.

Mrs Benno1
    Sunny

Quote Originally Posted by gr hilly View Post
    i hope you use bait Adam 8 yrs something very wrong here mate.it might try to find some one to go fishing with you,some one that's a good fisherman but that might be hard if your cursed,theres some beaut fish in that river near you,mullet or prawns for bait nice big green prawns on a 5.o hook and a nice slice of fresh mullet we normally try to get live bait it by far works best about a 12 lb line and as little lead as possible to get you on the bottom, cast up stream and just keep on working your line i hope this helps

tight lines hilly

cheers mate

i have been experimenting with soft plastics and hard bodies but perhaps if i go back to the basics i will have more luck. i was wondering also if anyone knows where i can get lessons on using my sounder so as to find structure and read baut schools?