Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gold Coast Tackle stores

Re: Gold Coast Tackle stores

that italian bakery is awesome!

you never pay full price at doug burts coz its an inflated price so "we can do a deal" and u think you get a bargain, i think nerang does have good gear and prices but i guess after going there for a few years and probably spending thousands of dollars there over the years only to get abused when i asked if i could buy gulps in bulk at a box rate kinda pissed me off. a simple no would suffice. i dont doubt they know their stuff and they have a great shop, i guess i just have a bitter taste from him, even if i used to buy from him when he had a shithole corner in the old nerang disposals building.

i really like the guys at sportys, i got my first sp outfit there many moons ago and they're great. always good advice and have the time for a chat while the misses trys on shoes....
    I support catch and release fishing, Keeping the natives native

Seeing as though they've been bought up, I've never kept it hidden that Tackle Warehouse is my favourite store. From my experience, they beat all the Gold Coast stores 'hands down'. That said, I'm there on an almost weekly basis!

But seeing as though we're talking about the Gold Coast.....
    I've never had good service at the BCF at Harbour Town, but I drive past them almost every day on my way to work, so I often stop there to get some gear every now and then. I know other people rave about them, and I'm sure it's all about who's working when I'm there (always at the same times, with the same staff). Based on other peoples reports, I'm sure there must be better staff on the days that I'm not there.

Sporty's I've only been to a few times, their range seems fairly small, but they genuinely seem keen to help, and that counts a lot in my books. I'd use them more, but they're a little too far away from me.

Go Fishing/Nerang Disposals have a great range. Not the frienliest bunch, but thats OK when I know what I'm looking for. That said, I recently bought some DOA Chug Heads (as they seem to be the only people I've found that carry them), and the young guy there had no issues what so ever taking time to answer my questions and to show me how to rig them... and it was the only time that I really required some 'customer service'. And thier prices are pretty good, and they have a great range of stock.

Doug's is the store that I frequent most regularly on the coast, and they're just down the road from work. They have an excellent range. I do agree that their prices are a little on the high side, but their customer service is outstanding. I'm normally in there at the same times on the same days, so the guys working at those times tend to know me and give me a discount. If I get served by someone thats 'unfamiliar' I lose the discount, but the service is always good. I don't mind paying a little extra for good service when I need it.

Cheers!

The Boat Shed Bait & Tackle at Currumbin. Brad Smith runs it & is always very helpful with showing people how to rig up or giving advice. Prices are pretty good as well & he normally gives a discount without even asking.

But for my big ticket stuff, I buy over the net.
    Sorry but Aussie tackle shops simply can not compete with the savings.
    Heath
    Gold Coast
    WWW.GCFISHING.COM

Not on the coast any more but Doug Burts wins hands down !!!

WOW guys i never thought such a simple post regarding tackle stores could bring so many diffirent reply's and input's

a couple of comments i will also make a comment on is damned67 how true your post on BCF at harbour town is total rude basstad's and have no respect as a retail manager u need customer service this they need to learn i came to call BCF a new name after being at this store Big Clown Fest.

Bassfan, you are very correct with the mark up instore this had stopped for a while but is back in effect again so the good old mo-dogalouge stay's in there car now each time i head in along comes my mate my dogalouge, but i have now noticed they are starting to really look after there regular's which is awesoem to see.

some of the post you guy's have put up are awesome thanks guys