Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gold Coast Tackle stores

Re: Gold Coast Tackle stores

Quote Originally Posted by TheSaint View Post
    I recomend Sporty's Fishing @ Bundall.. Great Service, Great range of gear & top blokes..
    i second that. the fellas in there are very willing to help and not expecting you to buy anything from them. they give clear useful advise. i will go back there again and again.

Sporty's
    Go Fishing at Nerang
    Anglers Warehouse at the Tweed
    There are a few small Tackle stores along the old Gold Coast Highway
    Anglers Connection at Palm Beach, Miami Bait and Tackle and another at Mermaid waters, they are small stores with basic bait and tackle

definately sportys

im surprised about the comments of nerang and derek,ive always found them very helpful ,and he will allways match a price i find on the net or other shops etc,and if he doesnt have it in stock he alwys gets it in quick for me ,i really couldnt fault thier shop,heaps of stock good advice and the best price.

Quote Originally Posted by OPTI View Post
    im surprised about the comments of nerang and derek,ive always found them very helpful ,and he will allways match a price i find on the net or other shops etc,and if he doesnt have it in stock he alwys gets it in quick for me ,i really couldnt fault thier shop,heaps of stock good advice and the best price.
    There stock and price are great, I don't know which one Derek is but there is a bloke there that replaces all his "th" with "ff" and that dude is really rude and useless, other than that dude it has always been good to me also!
    Thats another one for the Punisher!

Quote Originally Posted by breakthelines View Post
    There stock and price are great, I don't know which one Derek is but there is a bloke there that replaces all his "th" with "ff" and that dude is really rude and useless, other than that dude it has always been good to me also!
    As breakthelines said !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Quote Originally Posted by OPTI View Post
    +1
    We have been going to Derek for years and have never had an issue. It's nothing for us to spend a few hours there. We then meet up at the register and sort through each others pile of goodies and put back what ever the other doesn't think we need
    The other bonus is the italian bakery a few doors down.......
    Cheers Kim.
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says...
    'Oh Shit.....she's awake'

Ausfish Platinum Member gr hilly's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i must admit in the past i have employed 20 to 30 salesman at different times and not one person ive met in a tackle shop would i give a job to,they are a miserable bunch of people.

hilly

italian bakery.. dam i didn't know about that!

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    italian bakery.. dam i didn't know about that!
    Couple of doors down in Brendan Drive. They do traditional crusty breads and yummy sweets. Open till about 12 on saturdays but the breads sell pretty quick so best to get in early.
    Cheers Kim.
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says...

Quote Originally Posted by gr hilly View Post
    i must admit in the past i have employed 20 to 30 salesman at different times and not one person ive met in a tackle shop would i give a job to,they are a miserable bunch of people.

hilly
    That's because they are working and not fishing!!

I've been to the Nerang one a few times and Derek was very helpful.
    The prices were pretty good. I bought a rod tube, some lures, line, leader & a few hooks etc. He was most interested in hearing some fishing stories from PNG.

I've been to Doug Bert's too and agree that the prices generally seemed a bit hefty, however the staff was always prepared to offer advice. I had my baitcast reels serviced there. They seemed to do a good job.

BFC at Harbour Town are another option. Pretty well stocked...
    "...a voice in my head keeps telling me to go fishing..."

Quote Originally Posted by sleepygreg View Post
    If you are driving to Coffs Harbour once a month.....why bother the other locals. use them for your 'consumables' (they wont mind this as they make more money on those than they do on rods reels and lures) and make your primary purchaes at CH. Thats what I would be doing. I have to admit that in the 5 years I have lived in Brissy, I have yet to find a tackle store that actually made me feel welcome (and not looking at it from the points of views of the regular 'freezer sitters').

Greg
    Hi Greg, have you tried tacklewarehouse camp hill? They seem to be always friendly service and always discount everything i buy from their. I never have paid ticket price.

russ

Gotta say that I regularly visit Doug Burts, Nerang camping and Sportys and buy from all 3. Each have their specialty and good points. They have a great range of plastics.

I have never paid the ticketed price at Burts and Doug has always beaten or matched others advertised prices. I have got some great deals from him.Remember they need the margin from the tourists so they can give the locals a discount! Once they know your face you are well looked after.

Derek at Nerang has always been helpful and when he gets a good deal from a supplier he is happy to pass on some of his discount.

Tony and the guys at Sportys have some good gear and are very helpful and friendly.

Only problem I find is that there are always particular items I am looking for that I never seem to find in stock. I usually find them at Mo in Coffs online or Tacklewarehouse in Brisbane when I am working up that way. - Richard

Russ, I have been to Tacklewarehouse, and Gordon is a member of our club. I used to work at Yerongpilly, so it was a bit easier to dash down there at lunch time. But for the last four years I have been based north side (and live on the Reddy Peninsula) so its a bit of a drag to get there. Great range of product - excellent lure selection, and good range of game/sportfishing stuff. Can't say I was overly impressed with the staff though, they certainly knew their stuff....but prising that knowledge out of them was like pulling teeth. They were the only place that had a Wilson Shoreline 2pce medium mount rod in stock when I was chasing one. But in support of my previous statement.....I was certainly NOT made to feel welcome in the store....more an interruption to whatever else they were doing.

Greg