Thread: Illegal gill nets Ben Anderson Weir

Illegal gill nets Ben Anderson Weir

An illegal gill net is seen in the Ben Anderson Weir in Bundaberg, Qld on Wednesday, March 31, 2010. Hundreds of fish, including protected species, have been pulled dead and rotting from illegal fishing nets in Queensland's southeast.

No wonder fisherman suffer when you have deadbeat A Holes doing this sort of thing Sorry but it gets on my giddy goat

shane

Re: Illegal gill nets Ben Anderson Weir

These people aren't true fisho's Shane,just a@#holes.They're more likely as@#oles in every part of their life.
    Paulo

Hi Paul
    I know what you mean mate but it gives us all a bad name story and photo's in todays paper
    shane

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMark View Post
    These people aren't true fisho's Shane,just a@#holes.They're more likely as@#oles in every part of their life.
    Paulo

X2......................

Quote Originally Posted by robersl View Post
    Hi Paul
    I know what you mean mate but it gives us all a bad name story and photo's in todays paper
    shane
    Read that article complete with photo's in the Courier Shane........GRUBS......plain and simple.
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

Make sure you post to the Courier Mail site guys about how fisho's are disgusted in the actions of these people. I have, just waiting on them publishing it (if they do).
    Cheers,
    Chris

these w ending in ankers have just handed the greenies and govt another reason to continue with their anti-fishing policy.

They should be tortured then drawn and quatered for their actions

Quote Originally Posted by Whitto View Post
    Read that article complete with photo's in the Courier Shane........GRUBS......plain and simple.
    Hi Whitto
    I read the article thats why i am so dirty with it we all get tarred with the same brush because some low life does this 3 nets

shane

Shane,

Simple mate, anyone who utilises illegal method to capture any species, fish or other wildlife, is an idiot.

That also goes for thieves of craft, gear and crab pots.

They are not fishermen, and are not welcome within the honest group of people that fish.

Karma is what is needed with these types. Strung up and netted themselves.

Trev
    Fish for the future, enjoy the present but think of your children.

That's just plain low. I say string them in their own net and drop them off the Gateway bridge.
    I was just reading an internet site this morning with nets for sale and they had gill nets. I thought to myself, they are illegal I am sure. Doesn't matter if they are illegal or not, people will still sell them it appears.