Thread: Always been interested in Fly Fishing, but never have ...

Always been interested in Fly Fishing, but never have ...

Have had an interest in fly fishing for quite a few years but never actually participated ...

I am based in Dubai for the next few years, so figure since there is so much spare time on my hands there has to be some good literature or and videos on the same to get started ...

Can anyone guide me to what they consider to be "the good oil" on the same please ...

Cheers
    Greg

Re: Always been interested in Fly Fishing, but never have ...

Do some research on Lefty Kreh and get one of his fly fishing or/and casting video.

Some more experienced guys here should be able to give other/better options.

Steve

You can teach yourself to some extent but it really helps to see it first person, dont know if it possible to get someone who knows what they are doing to show you some of the basics. once you get the basics everything is easier.

Sort of pretty much what I had thought Shane, but like most things first person and if not videos I guess would be the next best .... any clews on what are the good ones?

Have been reading some of Lefty Kreh's stuff as suggested by Steve.... pretty impressive ....

Cheers Greg

sorry dont know of any videos
    you can read various articles in magazines, i taught myself to roll cast from a magazine.

heaps of great dvds out there, lefty 'on flycasting' etc. He is a genius, that dvd will go above and beyond what you need. Or just grab some mainstream fly fishing dvd's. Chasing silver etc.

Prepare to never have a spare cent in your pocket ever again.

josh
    ________
    EXTREME VAPORIZER

heaps of great dvds out there, lefty 'on flycasting' etc. He is a genius, that dvd will go above and beyond what you need. Or just grab some mainstream fly fishing dvd's. Chasing silver etc.

Prepare to never have a spare cent in your pocket ever again.

josh

Thanks Josh ... but when you make a statement like .... Prepare to never have a spare cent in your pocket ever again. .... that you don't own a boat? ....