Thread: Ski Set Up For Yalta 555

Ski Set Up For Yalta 555

Just wondering if i can tow a tube behind the yalta without fitting ski hooks and just using the left and right hand grab rails at the rear step up (glass panels),they seem to be very sturdy and i couldn't see why they wouldn't take the weight.

Cheers George

Re: Ski Set Up For Yalta 555

I would ask the question direct to Yalta, they should be able to tell you if they are able to withstand the load.
    I would have thought it would have had the ski/tie down loops fitted through the transom as standard?? If not then I would be more inclined to fit them if tubing was going to be a regular use for the boat.
    Just remember to whack a transom bridle on too as that will distribute the weight evenly rather than just attaching to a single point.

Cheers
    Scott
    "Mystique" Haines Signature 580BR with 175 of Mr Suzuki's finest ponies

I use the rear cleats and a bridle. They are quite strong.
    What other people think about me is not my business: Michael J Fox.

Yes, you can, I have ski hooks in my transom and use a bridle.

Had them fitted from M-tune when I bought the boat, tow the kids around on tubes and stuff at christmas.

Does it easily.

Regards
    HOnda.

I am with SgBfish. I have made up a long bridle tied off on the cleats on my triple 5 and this distributes the weight well. Never looked like pulling them out of the glass. Have fun