Thread: So Cal / Guam / Palau / Oman

So Cal / Guam / Palau / Oman

Hello Friends

Brian...new member here. My history: born southern calif way back in 19&53 grew up at the beach, surfing surf fishing, relief deck on a halfday boat at 14 & 15

moved to Guam in 82' and spend 18 years there...plenty of blue marlin...well over 100 marlin captures...biggest fish PBM 456lbs...twice on my own boats landed 3 marlin in a trip...lots of wahoo and tons of mahi mahi

year 2000 moved to the tropical paradise of Palau for 8 years directly north of Papua at 7.4 degrees north lat...got into the surface popping for GT's and other reef dwellers and still did the offshore stuff...awesome 4 and 5 day camping trips to the rock islands

2008 moved to Oman in the middle east...still don't have it wired yet...Oman is great...friendly people fantastic coastline directly exposed to the Indian Ocean / Arabian Sea and what should be virgin fishing up and down the coast. Hopefully sealing the deal on an old 24ft Sharkcat this weekend.

Very much enjoy the forum...peace to all

Brian

Re: So Cal / Guam / Palau / Oman

Welcome Brian, Hope you enjoy the forum, Best regards

Hi Brian ... maybe catch up and have a couple of coldies when I'm next back in Oman ... Cheers Greg up in DXB

Hi Brian,

Your history sounds much more interesting than mine

I bet you could tell us some Marlin stories too!
    | Savage Kestral with Evinrude 9.9 --> Stacer 3.9 with Yamaha 15 --> Polycraft 4.55 CC with Honda 50 --> Ally Craft Reel Mate 4.25 with Yamaha 3 cylinder 30 horse --> Hmmm what next? |

Hello Greg

For sure look me up if you will be in Oman.. mrbr8888@yahoo.com

Have you fished Musandam??? Hopefully will be there this weekend or next popping for GT's.

Thanks for saying hello

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Fatenhappy View Post
    Hi Brian ... maybe catch up and have a couple of coldies when I'm next back in Oman ... Cheers Greg up in DXB

Hey Brian,

I'm in the UAE just now, your neighbour (in Al Ain but don't say it backwards).

If the fishing is as good as they say it is in Oman, maybe we could catch up and give it a burl..!! Are you based in Muscat?

And Fatenhappy, Greg are you in DXB? Hmm its a small world...

Cheers, png
    "...a voice in my head keeps telling me to go fishing..."

Hey PNG .... sorry for the delay in reply, I just hadn't noticed your question until today .... Yes based in DXB pretty much for the next 7 years unless I win lotto or something better comes along .... always looking to have a fish though !