Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: urgent help,stolen allison vision 195

Re: urgent help,stolen allison vision 195

chance are of them disposing of it in NSW are slim, probably back here in Qld, although they are more common being made her so my guess is Vic. Glad the cops were willing to have a sympathetic ear.

BTW - I believe there wont be any more GRP Allisons they have gone Aluminium

Ausfish Bronze Member
    Blog Entries

it vanished without a trace, and now I am getting robbed by the proffessionals , my insurnace company, they are paying rediculus vlaue and excluding many things.

The boats are made in alloy only now, however the moulds was sold to a boat builder in SA, and they are re=manufacturing them on order, not sure if using same name brand.

Which tow bar lock did you have? the $30 ones or the hitch helmet $200 jobbie?
    Heath
    Gold Coast
    WWW.GCFISHING.COM

Quote Originally Posted by snapersam View Post
    it vanished without a trace, and now I am getting robbed by the proffessionals , my insurnace company, they are paying rediculus vlaue and excluding many things.

The boats are made in alloy only now, however the moulds was sold to a boat builder in SA, and they are re=manufacturing them on order, not sure if using same name brand.
    Which insurance company and how much are they offering? (how much did you pay for it also?)

Matt.

Insurance companies have a saying that no one should make a profit out of a claim , except themselves that is.

I found that it was best to hit them with written valuations from people who had seen the boat like the mechanic and the broker I brought the boat off. I went and saw the claims guy face to face then asked to see the superviser. Some companies like to employ people who have no idea. If you are sending coplies of say valuations for instance send three fax, registered mail and normal mail. If by phone tell them that you are recording the conversion even if you aren't. I've found that you have to be on the front foot with some companies. Other companies like RACV in Victoria with agreed value are a breese to deal with.

Good Luck

Ausfish Bronze Member
    Blog Entries

I had the $30 one, I did not know about the hlmet one you are refering to until recently, is is the yallow colouerd one?

I also could have used the trailer lock, the one covers the nuts so the wheel can not be removed. again I did not notice them before until recently.

However in my street their is another boat, with a better engine on it, never been locked, and no one touched it for years, the same go's for many other boats in the area , most are not locked . I think my boat was targeted and had no chance of preventing the theft.

I think the insurance or the Maritime authority should give every new policy holder a list of available locks along with some ratings, the Maritme can also provide this info when a person register new boat, many of us are new to boating and don't know much until it is too late.

snappersam - what is the update on this saga, is there any joy at all, have the insurers paid up.

I would be devo too mate.. I hope you get your boat back, and even better i hope you catch the poeple who flogged it while they are in it.. Give them a bit of old fashion payback!!

i had my 4.75 quintrex trophy stolen last year gutted me...only just replaced it with new one. Left me anti fishing for along while, it hurts when your pride and joy is taken.
    This time behind gate down side of house after 2 days of clearing trees and extending fence, security light, hardened chain 13mm at $80 a metre and padlock, tow ball lock which did nothing last time and wheel clamps.. I am exhausted just typing all that. Can't do much more, other than hire security guard. Still makes me sick that people steal another blokes hard earned. hope they find your boat.
    Ethan

Geez mate that's real bad news...... I can't even begin to think how ya felt when u noticed ur boat gone.......... I hope u get it back, and even better get to enjoy a good square up.

Good luck with ya boat.....
    Bundy Rum.......... Not just great for breakfast.

mate, I am very sorry to hear this.. I am new to this forum.

I feel your pain, you drove that far to pick up a boat and got stolen before you even use it.

I recently pick up a boat from coff harbour and even that drive kills me already !!

hope you are insured !!

Ausfish Bronze Member
    Blog Entries

the insuace finaly paid up after hasseling with them, they use a contractor as assessorr for their work, it is best to go directly to the insuranc company, as they have more undrestanding.
    I bought another alison and now locked behind a gate, 2 cars and 3 locks.

Some one today told me that he think he founfd my old boat , the shell only with the trailer I think, not far from my place, It was sitting in the street for 5 month. I will check it soon to confirm it.

I would think the insurance company would like that so they could recoup some of their loss.

Hope your new one is equally as good as the old one

Cheers
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by ethan1 View Post
    i had my 4.75 quintrex trophy stolen last year gutted me...only just replaced it with new one. Left me anti fishing for along while, it hurts when your pride and joy is taken.
    This time behind gate down side of house after 2 days of clearing trees and extending fence, security light, hardened chain 13mm at $80 a metre and padlock, tow ball lock which did nothing last time and wheel clamps.. I am exhausted just typing all that. Can't do much more, other than hire security guard. Still makes me sick that people steal another blokes hard earned. hope they find your boat.
    Ethan
    You can also remove all of the wheel nuts except the top one on each wheel, these can be loosened to a little less than snug so a person has access into the boat without a wheel flopping over, the thieves will not tow it very far no matter how many locks they made it through. Dont forget to replace them on next use