Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Texas QLD - Murray Cod

Texas QLD - Murray Cod

Hi guys,
    im heading out to Texas over easter, i here there is some decent murray cod.
    anyone fished there much, and what do cod eat spinnerbaits and minnows?
    cheers,
    Shane.

Re: Texas QLD - Murray Cod

hi shayne
    I rang a land holder last week to book a site on the river in may. They told me the river looks great, but is a bit quiet. The river at texas is a great place and the fish are so clean.
    Have a good weekend.

yeh mate fishing very quiet at the moment down that way..go the spinnerbaits....chatterbaits....in purple black..or red purple..good luck

I forgot to add, i do a bit of bow hunting do you see many foxes or pigs out there?

mate i do a bit of bowhunting an your going out that way you should have a lookat upindy just google it for all the info mate

cheers

yep mad keen bowhunter myself..the place is called upindi and is near glenlyon dam...hunted here not long ago...few pigs and heaps of goats...been getting hit pretty hard...but id take the bow with you plenty of foxes,pigs and goats all threw that way even the odd deer..heading down that way this thursday with my bow to do some deer hunting..good luck ....brett

I find the goats in that area don't have any decent horns what are your thoughts on this Brett.

cheers rossco

Quote Originally Posted by bdowdy View Post
    yeh mate fishing very quiet at the moment down that way..go the spinnerbaits....chatterbaits....in purple black..or red purple..good luck
    Ha ha Brett and his purple lures .
    Get yourself a couple of mudeye "happy's" cod cant leave em alone.

How you going there brett and rossco, Im in Albany WA at the moment, lifes bloody tough.
    wamjam

Quote Originally Posted by rossco View Post
    I find the goats in that area don't have any decent horns what are your thoughts on this Brett.

cheers rossco
    seen some in the high forty inch range lately rossco...there there it just takes some looking

Quote Originally Posted by wamjam View Post
    Ha ha Brett and his purple lures .
    Get yourself a couple of mudeye "happy's" cod cant leave em alone.

How you going there brett and rossco, Im in Albany WA at the moment, lifes bloody tough.
    wamjam
    hi mate yeh go the purple..all good here mate looks like your having a great trip..nice piccys lately mate

mate upindi is craigie station

Quote Originally Posted by bigbrian47 View Post
    hi mate yes thats right...

i got on that upindi website looks like it might be worth taking a specific bow hunting trip there.

its ok but just check when the last group was there..as i said its getting hit pretty hard...brett

Quote Originally Posted by bigbrian47 View Post
    I used to hunt on this place years ago when dick was manager ,

Used to see some good boars , was plenty of goats but heard they herded them with dogs to sell ,

Brett you nailed any good fallow bucks with the bow , look out for a chital