Thread: what to buy ??

Question what to buy ??

Hi,
    brand new to kayaks...i posted some of this on another site but will paste it here where i feel i belong...

im looking for a yak to use mainly in dams (impoundments) up here in SEQ, but would probably end up using it in estruaries and near coastal reefs etc. also for when i have a captain round the place...

The Choice .....
    coppy:-
    its mindboggling eh.... went to the tinnie n tackle show today, only 3 stands with kayaks, had a real good look over the hobies, little pricey but awesome kit, viking were ok too and both stands had very helpfull staff...extreme were too busy selling balloons or trinkets of some sort to talk to me

would love the hobie pro angler but at a k less the outback looks good....pedal power

checked the moken again on the way home, and called into duncans fishhead where they threw a couple of ideas in....

talk about confusing....

will try for a used one of the preferred models to pop up at a reasonable price over the next few weeks ( one that isnt 600 miles away or more also) and see how it goes

NEXT......
    ok.... slight change of plans....

went out thismorning and looked at more kayaks....

saw a RTM, K-LARGO fully kitted (no motor, but apparantly includes a bracket for 1) brand new for $1400.... comes in any colour you want as long as its camo.....
    heres a link to a pdf brochure.. http://www.thekayakshop.com.au/docs/...argo%20EN1.pdf

its the Hi-Luxe version.... accessories A to X inc

has anyone got any input on the brand or model before i commit to buy (couple of days, 1 week max)

thanks in advance
    cheers Chris
    Cheers Chris

(please insert witty saying here)

Re: what to buy ??

Hobies are excellent..love mine

Smile Re: what to buy ??

For fishing go the Hobie Outback. We love ours.
    Work to live
    Live to fish

That is unlike the guys from Extreme, normally they will talk your ears off.
    I have the Outlaw of theirs and love it. The most stable thing I have been on.
    Locally made and good value.
    Cheers and thanks.

"Tackle Whore on a budget..."
    Gonzo II – Brooker 4.5m 40hp Yam & Outlaw Kayak
    Fish Well, Fish Egrell

http://www.ecofishersqld.org.au

Check out my prowler13 on the boats fro sale site here. It has it all.

hey Michael,
    i saw it... good looking bit of kit... yeah, just add a leccy and its got the lot...
    its about 500 outside my budget at the moment....
    im looking at 1 tomorrow arvo...if that crashes and burns are you interested in selling without sounder and gps, as i already have 1 in my boat and just bought an extra transducer in the us this week.....id stillneed the batteries....

anyhow ill see how i go tomorrow....really wanted 1 for this weekend at connelly dam

appreciate the post, thanks
    Cheers Chris

well ive done the deed...

got a used Moken 13 today... looks the goods, pretty well kitted out and happy with the price..

anaconda was taking too long clearing the k-largo from their wharehouse.....

so tomorrow im off to warwick to play in connelly dam while the grandkids fish in the comp...
    would love to get a good cod...
    will post a report if good stuff happens

anyway thanks for all the input.... beers all round
    Cheers Chris

Nice looking yak you got there. Did it come with all the kit in the photo. If you don't might sharing, how much to you shell out for it?
    All I want is to catch MORE legal fish!

pretty much..milk crate of gear and rods not included...but everything else...sounders a hummingbird greyscale but didnt need it... i have a transducer for my eagle 642c coming from the states so the yak and boat can share that..
    no anchor, but ill get that down the track... shouted myself a new PFD1 (just got blockies in the boat) and found my own milk crate
    1050 was the bucks... new moken13 is 1450 with a paddle....

utes all loaded for the trip tomorrow
    Cheers Chris

Excellent mate, look fantastic.
    Can't wait to read the reports.
    Cheers and thanks.

"Tackle Whore on a budget..."
    Gonzo II – Brooker 4.5m 40hp Yam & Outlaw Kayak
    Fish Well, Fish Egrell

http://www.ecofishersqld.org.au