Thread: May Long Weekend

May Long Weekend

1st weekend of May I'm off for an explore out of Mooloolaba. Haven't got a clue yet where I am going as far as GPS marks, nothing in the Humminbird yet.... But don't care really, I will just find my own spots if I keep my eyes glued to the sounder.

HOWEVER if anyone is planning to be in the area the same weekend, and knows more that I do about fishing it ( which won't be hard), I am all ears. I know nothing about this area accept the bar is good for someone like me who still has his trainer wheels on for blue water.

1st stop will be Ol woman island throwing some plastics around, then prepared to go SE by up to an hour where my range of 150 ltrs and 115 Yammy 4 s will take me.

Anyone else? Tim D, I know you will see this, a deckie spot is yours mate if you want it. Too lazy to PM you separately, but let me know There is other interest already from other boat owners I have told.... This is the most planned I have ever been for a trip, should be great if the weather plays ball.

Scalem

Re: May Long Weekend

G'day Brian,

Mate if i have no plans that weekend ill be keen to deckie for you. You must get me onto a snapper bigger than my current PB of 75cm though or i won't share my red rock deli chips. If your after a 3rd deckie Matt will probably be keen too, i think he has the offshore bug now after he came out with dave and i the other week.

cheers tim

scalem

mate i am keen as well,u planing on stayin up there all weekend or just doing the 1 trip offshore,
    cheers rosco

Quote Originally Posted by rosco1974 View Post
    scalem

mate i am keen as well,u planing on stayin up there all weekend or just doing the 1 trip offshore,
    cheers rosco
    Hi Rosco,

It all depends on the weather which day/s but I am hoping to get up there after work Friday night ready for a sat morning fish.
    Scalem

IF the weather is good i may be in Scalem.

Head off on Friday nite for some bream fishing and head out of mooloolaba on Saturday morning.

It's all go ahead, have done my bar crossing course ( thanks Bill, definitely referring more customers your way) and going out through Mooloolaba on Sat morning in what looks like 4 feet of swell from the east, incoming tide. Too easy!

Out to the gneerings and a few other marks people have given me ( thanks) fishing plastics only. If I don't do well it's just getting some local knowledge and keeping eyes glued to the sounder to find some marks of my own.

Fish for dinner Sat night? Wife says she will have steak defrosted as a backup plan. HA!!:tongue::rolleyes:

Scalem

Dont ya just love em when they do that?????? No bluddy faith in the hunter/gatherers that they married!!!!!!

my wife ALWAYS has food ready for dinner when I go fishing cos I rarely catch anything....this weekend may be a bit different hopefully..weather permitting.