Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who's Come Across Tough Fish

Re: Who's Come Across Tough Fish

Quote Originally Posted by pubgolf View Post
    Just checked out the spike.
    Will be getting one and giving it a go
    I will not be bothering with the small mouth nannys though
    I reckon they need to be run over with a truck before they would start to get edible

Rod
    have been eating small mouth nanny's for years. they can be bad but the two spots i regulary get them from they're great. other spots i have cought them occasionally a bad one...have heard it depends on what they've been eating. Also find spangled's ok from some places and high iodine in others

I did find the culprit it was the big spangled we got, close grained fleash so it was him. Found a piece in another packet. I have found them iodiney inshore but never got a bad tasting one wide offshore . But know what i'm looking for now but that should be the last of it in my share of fish just have to see if the other guys have the other side of the spangled in there share lol
    VHF CHANNEL 21
    CALL SIGN : JT OR SC552(social club member)

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges

Up here we Use Hussar as baits for real RED FISHS (SHSIIFDER)

yeh spangles are no take in my boat from now unless we are doing it tough or old mate wants them....

Seen it quite a fair in up in townsville with the small mouths and occasionally with the spangled emps.

Started brain spiking and bleeding all fish beginning last year and it haven't found any tough fish fillets since.