Thread: Hervey Bay for Easter

Hervey Bay for Easter

Hi All,

Its easter time which means time off work and time to put the boat in the water.....but its a little different this year.....we are off to Hervey Bay this year.....

We have a 23 foot Yalta and looking at getting out around Fraser Island in search of that elusive red we have yet to catch...

If anyone is up that way and keen for a tag along or has some useful advice regarding spots and places to launch from it would be greatly appreciated......just need to cross my fingers that the weather will turn for the better

Cheers

Re: Hervey Bay for Easter

maybe you should send AF member chong a pm.

LP..

Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

I have been to Hervey Bay the last 3 Easters. Each time the Roy Rufus Arti Reef was very very fruitful for snapper and reefies. About a thrid of the way down from the northern end, in about 18 - 22 metres deep.

Mike

Thanks Mike - thats a start.......
    Anyone having any bets on what the weather is going to do????

Hoping it will be good as we are heading to Hervey bay too. Got the new boat (TABS 6100 Bowrider) yesterday and taking the wife and kids. MIght see you up there!

I f you're heading up Wathumba way you're probably best going from Urangan Marina.The wind looks like it will be south/south east so that would be your best bet,You can call in at tha arti ,Moon, as well
    Paulo

Anyone heading out the front of Fraser on Friday or Tuesday? Weather looks reasonable although there might be a bit of swell rolling through!!

NF,
    weather is looking great all weekend, miday high water, light wind, i have my folks here at the moment so will be fishing the river and creeks fri and monday. If you would like some gps marks pm me and i will give you couple that have produced fish for us.
    Cheers