Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Well they are close to full, now a cyclone?

Re: Well they are close to full, now a cyclone?

Yeah Shane there's another topic in itself, those pipes I read somewhere were built to supply water to the treament plants and arn't allowed to pump directly into each lake?

Well in light of this topic it is a shoe in we will get a lot more wet stuff, I hope the dams like waruma, cainia, BP fill no water for so long out there.

Annas got no money left to start the pumps up.

Talking to a bloke who is involved with Paradise. He was telling me that when the dam was nearing full, they opened the gates, but things begun to vibrate uncomfortably, so they reduced them and let the spill take up the work.

Leslie is still only 10% full...or is that 90% empty.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Blog Entries

Dont know how true this is but heard thats new pumps arent big enough to pump to Toowoomba ??????? some one may have not got there calculations right

Quote Originally Posted by rodneyk View Post
    Dont know how true this is but heard thats new pumps arent big enough to pump to Toowoomba ??????? some one may have not got there calculations right
    My understanding is thats what this pipelinewas put in for to supply the dam up there when low as the were worried it would not be finished in time before they ran out of water

shane

I have read that Wivenhoe has a full capacity of 1.5 milliion ML & a further flood mitigation capacity of 1.45 million ML. Given that sort of flood mitigation capacity it shoul be a while before we loose any Bass over the top.

Cheers Andrew

Fun... But yeah I read that Wivenhoe can get to something like 200% capacity before they have to release. I think its something like they control it so they only release during low and runout tides so it doesnt back up and flood brisbane.

Scripps institute in California are usually very accurate with track prediction. Here's their take.

http://www.lajollasurf.org/tropical/swp.latest.gif

here is some info on this link.
    Cheers

http://www.seqwater.com.au/public/ca...s/wivenhoe-dam

Shane you are starting to talk common sense now and that is against gov policy

Most of my Money is spent on Booze and Fishin.
    The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

bring on the rain! this system could mean the best estuary fishing for years for the next few summers to come. whats wrong with 100's or 1000's of big female barra being released into the rivers? check out townville it is one of the best saltwater fisheries for barra on the east coast and all in the middle of the biggest city in the north, all thanks to the stocking efforts in the freshwater reaches of the ross.

cheers
    mick

Quote Originally Posted by Batters View Post
    bring on the rain! this system could mean the best estuary fishing for years for the next few summers to come. whats wrong with 100's or 1000's of big female barra being released into the rivers? check out townville it is one of the best saltwater fisheries for barra on the east coast and all in the middle of the biggest city in the north, all thanks to the stocking efforts in the freshwater reaches of the ross.

cheers
    mick
    Mick nothing wrong with them being released into the rivers .its getting to the rivers .The fall from the spillway at Awoonga will kill quite a few and to me thats just a waste

3.20am Trev, trouble sleeping, or up to go fishing?