Thread: 6'6-7ft rod for barra?

6'6-7ft rod for barra?

hey guys looking for a longer baitcast rod for fishin points. rod will be matched to alphas 103 with 20-30lb braid. Love my loomis rods and was tossing up between bcr 803or 804 glx. pr 844 and 845 imx

would like some feedback on these and other rods you would recomend.

Cheers whytey
    If you wish to learn more about reading and getting the most from your Lowrance units or learning more about fishing with artificial baits I will come out in the comfort of your own boat for one on one coaching. Please call for more information.

Re: 6'6-7ft rod for barra?

BCR855 GLX Love this stick for point casting as it can throw 100mm slick rigs right up to big 6" Storm swim shads & suspending shads - I have mine matched to a 100HA Zillion & 30lb nitlon

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Egrell BeaR 6-L

its a 6.10ft baitcaster, light tip for feel,,heaps of grunt to handle barra....casts everything a mile.

you wouldn't be dissapointed. Eric designed and built it for long casting plastics at points and weedbeds etc. I have landed some big barra up to 115cm on it with ease!

cheers Steve
    I dont have ADHD......ohh look a squirrell !!!

Yeah I have a B6L also.I find it a little physically heavy but it does everything that I want.(Till I find something else better) Despite the weight I still find myself using it most of the time.It is also a dead set grunt stick.I reckon it could be easily be rated more around the 8-10kg mark.
    I had a Mossyback BCR855 and I didnt like it much at all.I should have got the GLX version.
    I really want something around 7' 6" but over here I dont reckon we will see anyting like that in a hurry.

Toddy

Mate Mag Bass Range for sure. 6'6 is plenty of length, I have a GL3 very ballsy!!! you could go a step or two higher and pick up a IMX or GLX. I've got a Chronarch with 30 and together they are tough of nails!

Happy shopping