Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Awoonga How high ?

Re: Awoonga How high ?

Quote Originally Posted by Awoonga View Post
    This is up the back of NZ Gully Now a rather large bay .This road is about 4ks from my front door if l only had the key to the gate.

Did they change the lock on you Trev?

Fantastic visions their Trev! totally new dam! thanks for taking the time to share this with us all. Very much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by gladbream View Post
    john (obi-wan) there will be fingerings released in the next 9 or 10 days into awoonga (150,000) and further 100,000 to 150,000 in the following days (boat ramp release for community members to distribute to their own devices). many of the access roads are under water, so to make it easier it will be conducted at the ramp (the community release that is). fish wil be progressively released into awoonga throughout our winter production run (approx, 25,000 per month until september).

cheers
    kh
    Kurt, that is fantastic news, how about the timing? gotta be happy with that!

Are you going to make a time to meet with people at the boat ramp, so they can help you distribute? I'm sure a lot of people would love to be a part of the release.

Are the fingerlings you are releasing from the batch you stripped in November when we were there? if so what size are they now?

You must be pretty excited about seeing so many thousands of your barra being let loose on Awoonga in these conditions!! well done to you and your team,

Matt

i noticed that after a week or more of the dam level not rising it's on it's way up again, how much rain have you had in the catchment?? And how the dam being fishing?

see link

http://www.bom.gov.au/fwo/IDQ65392/I...9086.tbl.shtml

Ian
    Alcohol doesn't agree with me, but i sure do enjoy the argument!!!

I heard the dams fishing much more like the wild now Ian, theres some water between the fish but luckily the stocking group has come to the rescue, before next comp season will see if we can orgasnise a motherload drop of billys for ya, pretty scary thought when you cant see land on your fishing patch.

Great photos, thanks for the update and keep em comin.

Well it's official - Awoonga is now dropping slightly after a month of solid inflows that saw it rise to 93.26%.

According to GAWB it peaked on 1 April has has now dropped to the level it was at on 26 March....

Doesn't look like the spillway will be used now....phew!!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter4 View Post
    Well it's official - Awoonga is now dropping slightly after a month of solid inflows that saw it rise to 93.26%.

According to GAWB it peaked on 1 April has has now dropped to the level it was at on 26 March....

April ...... didn't we see a cyclone a few years back
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Ahhh .. April - didn't we see a cyclone a few years back
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Ahhh .. April - didn't we see a cyclone a few years back
    What - two cyclones in April??

What - two cyclones in April??

frikken rabbits
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Always a chance of late season cyclone in CQ(or rain depression).Sea surface temps probably not perfect but ya never know!!!Most definatly cooled off last couple of mornings.Feels like change of season.

Quote Originally Posted by SQUIDDA View Post
    Always a chance of late season cyclone in CQ(or rain depression).Sea surface temps probably not perfect but ya never know!!!Most definatly cooled off last couple of mornings.Feels like change of season.
    Yeah the blanket less nights of mid week changed to a sheet then to a dooner by the wknd. Surface temps dropping by a degree or more in some areas too. Fish behaved differently from the mid week to wknd, could be something, could be nothing. One night was mayhem. Others arthritis practise.

Some old seasonal habits crept back in as well.

Have to get out for a fish soon squidda, as i've stocked up on storms from the
    tinnie and tackle show, and my chyro needs some money....

Cheers Lyndon

Quote Originally Posted by SeekingBarradise View Post
    Yeah the blanket less nights of mid week changed to a sheet then to a dooner by the wknd. Surface temps dropping by a degree or more in some areas too. Fish behaved differently from the mid week to wknd, could be something, could be nothing. One night was mayhem. Others arthritis practise.

Some old seasonal habits crept back in as well.

Have to get out for a fish soon squidda, as i've stocked up on storms from the
    tinnie and tackle show, and my chyro needs some money....

Cheers Lyndon

Dooner Far out ....... sitting here with the sliding door wide open & no shirt and certainly no bed sheets ( have a fan on most nights)....... still not used to the Qld temps.
    I hear that you are a bit closer to a barra dam now ....... good one!!!

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Wow great photos trev i gather all previous patterns have been thrown out the window and new approachs to catching them have been work out by a few hardcore fishos . Me on the other hand have lost touch completey over the last few years so these changes to all impoundments will make it very hard for me

Lyndon i know all about treatment on the spine so i feel ya pain if you have been getting some not good i know that on that front that is for sure it has been my worst enemy over the last few years and i wish i ccould get back on track so i can have som epic trips back up to both the impoundments . Good to see the odd post from you popping back up its all good value in the end the right info will be taken .
    Please keep the info coming on the changes i trying to keep a data base on what happpens and when . I have also been attempting the same thing with my popper fishing recording winds tides lure chioces etc . All info will be good . I got 3 trip planed and one of them i would lov to get to awoonga so rather then just mondy all the time dollars have been my main reason for sticking to monduran but i lov exploring new waters . I have also gotten right into trying to make my own lure design and so far swimming of them hasnt been reall succesfull i shall keep trying that is for sure
    Sorry for the hijack trev just wanted to express a few feelings i had