Thread: octo jigs

octo jigs

hi all

have seen these jigs in the tackle shops for a while now and am just wondering if any1 has used them and had any success,they look like they would work and am thinking this could be another option while fishing offshore,

cheers rosco

Re: octo jigs

I saw them being used on Ifish, or ET or some other show in Arno Bay one time for Snapper with what look good success,but it was for a fishing show. Kmart has them starting at $14.

Latest QFM has them in A Mart for $10......

They work fine on Snapper. The downsize is the cost everytime you hook the bottom. They are good to put a heavy one down and just deadstick it just above the bottom while you sink your plastics at a much slower pace. I seem to get a lot of bumps that don't hook up even though there are two hooks in the skirt
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    I seem to get a lot of bumps that don't hook up even though there are two hooks in the skirt
    Probably due to the tiny hooks they come with - Have you tried upgrading to see if that makes a diif?

Rosco

To make offshore session more successful i have the following options.

1. bait and live bait
    2. soft plastic
    3. knife jiggs
    4. octi jigs

All are loaded on the boat just in case. You have have days where the fish will only grab pilchards and nothing else.

thanks for the info fella's,bought a few off e.b.a.y they come in packs of 2 for around the $9 delivered,know they are a cheeper version but will just change the hooks,bought the 40,60,80 and 100 gram jigs,should be a good start i recon ,i'm with you tim got most bases covered,
    cheers rosco

Rosco must be time for an offshore trip soon. Gee this weather is annoying.

5-10knots on tuesday wednesday and it picks up to 15-20 on saturday.

Must be mother natures way of green zones.

timddo,
    yeah we will have to have another m&g offshore again for sure soon,bloody weather is even too ordinary to have a fish in the bay,