Thread: Damm! Which, what, where and when?

Damm! Which, what, where and when?

Which dam (after all the rain) should we be targetting, what should we be fishing for Bass or Barra, where should we be looking in each dam, and when should each dam be starting to work again.

Trev
    Fish for the future, enjoy the present but think of your children.

Re: Damm! Which, what, where and when?

i will be back at lenthalls as it has been at 100% for a month now and it has been fishing well in most areas if you have a 4 stroke under 60 its a safe bet i reckon until all the waters settle in the other dams ,bass and barra have both been caught

Warrior,

Thanks, think the road in would be a problem with vehicle and also no camping facilities, and restricted hours on dam. Had considered, but those were the queries that I had come up with for Lenthalls.

Motor meets requirement, but vehicle is Ford G6 Limited Edition, low profile mags etc.

Thank you for the suggestion
    Trev

She will be right Trev the road taken steady its fine, yeah its rough but if ya drive to conditions and take it steady I go in, in the ute no worries

You all should try Tinaroo at the moment, it's been fun so far and foresee it continuing for awhile longer.

That's my two bob's worth

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Barraboss View Post
    You all should try Tinaroo at the moment, it's been fun so far and foresee it continuing for awhile longer.

Matt
    We'd love to Matt but its a hell of a commute
    Paulo

Quote Originally Posted by Barraboss View Post

Matt
    Should really, haven't been there for a couple of years, but the commute, with the weather thrown in (road condition and wet season) at this time of year, would not make it worthwhile in such a short time frame.

Its great to see some of the quality fish that are being caught. Definitely on my must go back list. Really do like the area as a destination as well. You are very lucky to have it readily available. Good Luck with the wet, hope the net (If needed) at the wall keeps the big one back in the event of overflows. See it at 79% on the Sunwater chart currently.

Thanks again

Trev

What about Kinchant with teemburra yeah a few extra hours but would be worth it Trev?

Cool Re: Damm! Which, what, where and when?

Quote Originally Posted by mylestom View Post
    Warrior,

Thanks, think the road in would be a problem with vehicle and also no camping facilities, and restricted hours on dam. Had considered, but those were the queries that I had come up with for Lenthalls.

Motor meets requirement, but vehicle is Ford G6 Limited Edition, low profile mags etc.

Thank you for the suggestion
    Trev
    Quote Originally Posted by Tropicaltrout View Post
    She will be right Trev the road taken steady its fine, yeah its rough but if ya drive to conditions and take it steady I go in, in the ute no worries
    Nath the ute probably has a bit more clearance than a G6 LTD on wagon wheels

Most of my Money is spent on Booze and Fishin.
    The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

Yep bloody low profile 245 x 18 what a silly idea, but that's what they came with. Probably not real good down that sort of road.

Mind you the old XF Falcon S pack handled most of the farm on black soil, just a tap with the accelerator here and there.

The newer vehicle, while they come with some nice refinements, tend to have some feature that probably aren't the greatest off the bitumen.

Trev

HTFU Trev...........I'd crawl over broken barbed wire fences to get to Lenthalls but they still won't let me in....

Sorry Sir...I agree it looks like a 175 but really she's just a fat 60
    Ranger 188VX - "Sweet Chariot"

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Ren View Post
    HTFU Trev...........I'd crawl over broken barbed wire fences to get to Lenthalls but they still won't let me in....

Sorry Sir...I agree it looks like a 175 but really she's just a fat 60

It's not the size of the motor they worry about with your boat, its the reputation it has with fences that probably concerns them the most.

Will have to go in one day, my boat and motor would meet requirements, but the car is probably not the best on that road. Also with the back like to set up and stay close for a couple of weeks. Us old blokes just can't hack the pace I suppose