Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: What pi$$e$ you off when you go driving??

Re: What pi$$e$ you off when you go driving??

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post

Oh....and Phil. You better start indicating when your in a turning lane because that's against the rules too. It's 20 penalty points if they catch you...and give 2 hoots about it.
    It's Part 4 divisions1 and 2 of the above regulation.

Scotty, I took your advice and looked up and read the Part 4 div 1 & 2. Also read the other doc referred to in this thread.

You'll have to copy and paste the area it tells me to indicate when making turns at marked lanes or let me know the div and sub section numbers. Couldn't find it. I am happy to concede I am wrong, although, I only thought it was useless indicating while in a turning lane, unless you are doing a U turn.

A part does state:-

92 Traffic lane arrows
    (1) If a driver is driving in a marked lane at an intersection
    (except a roundabout) and there are traffic lane arrows
    applying to the lane, the driver must—

(a) if the arrows indicate a single direction—drive in that
    direction; or

(b) if the arrows indicate 2 or more directions—drive in 1 of
    those directions.

I actually find this thread interesting in that it appears we all don't know the rules and in fact, we ( mainly me ) use the same rules now as when we got our licence, and boy have the rules changed.

LP.
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Oiii Phil......Made you look ya dirty chook.....
    I'll see if I can get a link working matey. It was in PFD (is thaqt right??) format.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

yeah something like that..... thanks

Rule 7:

If I'm driving a truck, get the hell out of the way, or I will run you over. I don't give a sh!t for your legal arguments. I'd rather be alive and in jail than squashed flat!

I blame a combination of Murf's and Chong's JOY!!!

Verrrry Nice!

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Timi, its that exact additude from truckies, that causes most of the population to dislikes trucks, and causes dramas on the road. Tailgate me and Ill drive slower. Your truck in my rear view does not scare me.

We're not all bad, but if you pay peanuts you get monkey's.

Quote Originally Posted by SummerTrance View Post
    Timi, its that exact additude from truckies, that causes most of the population to dislikes trucks, and causes dramas on the road. Tailgate me and Ill drive slower. Your truck in my rear view does not scare me.
    Please, I'm really hoping you didn't take me seriously... I was on the turps (or JOY, more correctly, home made rum by Murf and Chong).

But the trucks tailgating bit - I don't condone it, but in relatively heavy traffic it's a nightmare driving a truck. If you leave space, some dipsh!t will cut in on you, sure as God made little green apples. Bloody scarey. So some truck drivers stay close, and try to mimmick the movements of the car in front.

Most truck drivers are fully aware of the deadliness of their charge, and work very hard to be safe. A few out there are cowboys, but only a very few.

Cheers,

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    Oiii Phil......Made you look ya dirty chook.....
    I'll see if I can get a link working matey. It was in PFD (is thaqt right??) format.
    Could not find a direct link BUT here's a google with the appropriate link at the top of the hit parade.
    http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=e...n+2009&spell=1
    Click on it and go to Part 4...about page 23 or so ....making a turn. You can click on the index too to get there.
    They have pictures and there's a yellow blinky thing in the picture and they say a picture says a thousand words.
    Or you can go to Part 5 on page 45 and read about change of direction and stop signals and when to use them.

Quote Originally Posted by SummerTrance View Post
    I am the same..not phased by them but sit and chuckle as the truck driver has to work all those gears up the hill that we started the bottom of at 40kmh...stay off my butt and we go the speed limit..sit on the back of me and hell it can be a slow trip...especially those mongrels in the earthmoving rigs around the northside of Brisbane.

��
    �������������������������������������������������� ��
    ��

You must signal your intention to:
    stop or slow down—use brake lights or a hand signal
    turn right, move right or make a U-turn—use indicators or hand signal
    turn left or move left—use indicators only (there is no left hand signal).
    You must give the change of direction signal for long enough to give sufficient
    warning to other drivers and pedestrians. Turn off your indicator after you have
    done the manoeuvre. You must signal for at least five seconds when moving off
    from a parked position.

http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/reso...es_july_09.pdf

I think you fella's should learn to meditate more.
    When your a bit flustered just sit with your legs crossed under your butt, close your eyes and go UOOOOMMMMM for a while and the world will get all better again. (but not when your driving...pull over first eh)

Or count backwards from 10 and if none of thank works wind down the window and abuse to crap out of the person pi$$ing you off. Yhey might deserve it. And a ###### probably don't know they're a ###### unless they're told so...

Or do what we did. Move to the bush where the it's only 2km to the hot bread shop/pie shop...and everything else that matters

Thanks Greg,

Just needed to point out to Scotty that " The Act " does NOT direct you to ' use ' indicators, as far as I have read.

Greg, your info comes from a publication from 2008 and clearly states at the beginning.

Information in this guide is current as at July 2008. For the latest road rules please refer to the Department of Transport and Main Roads website
    www.transportandmainroads.qld.gov.au.

Please note:
    The notes and information contained in this guide are an interpretation of current traffic law and should not be used for a legal interpretation.

The important word here is .... guide ........... as we are ALL well aware, any guide is simply that and if we break the law, we are breaking the law under " The Act ", not the guide. I do understand that this " Guide " is what learner drivers use to learn the road rules.

I actually find this amazing that I cannot find the use of indicators in The Act.

I am not saying I don't have to use indicators, ( in the scenario I mentioned as I still believe it is useless to have them on ) but I now need to see it in writing.

I am sure it is in there somewhere... I'll just keep looking.

You too Scotty, after all young fella, you eluded to the part of the Act that said I had to. and it wasn't there

OK< I'm off on a road trip into " cockroach country ". Back Sunday.

Have fun reading The Act

LP.

I think that just because YOU know that you are in a left/right turn only lane, does NOT mean that the cars coming from the 3 other directions can see the markings and know what you are doing.

As for stuff that pi$$e$ you when you go driving...
    http://www.news.com.au/weird-true-fr...-1225838500308

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    Thanks Greg,

Just needed to point out to Scotty that " The Act " does NOT direct you to ' use ' indicators, as far as I have read.

More reading for you then Phil old digger, old mate.
    Sometimes a little information can be dangerous.....

Part 5 Division 1 subsection 47 and 49 basically states if you have got indicators you use the buggers when you want to change direction (which is defined in Part 5 Division 1 subsection 45 of the book which I'll refer to now as the rule book just because I could be bothered typing the full name).

But I will concede that if your vehicle has not got indicators fitted then just turn left. But you'd better know how to use hand signals to turn right and stop.....

As far as I know your Colorado has indicators fitted.....

Ha ha ha...... made ya read it all.

Quite interestingly, it is still up to interpretation.

I like the part that says:-

(2) The driver must give the change of direction signal for long
    enough to give sufficient warning to other drivers and
    pedestrians

Long enough... ??? open to interpretation. If I am behind a vehicle and they place their indicator on.... how long before I know they are turning and how do they know, that I know... ? Having said that, if they indicate say once or twice, which they deem " long enough " and I see this and then notice they are no longer indicating, does that mean 1..... not turning now.. or..... 2. still turning but believe I know they are... ?

SO, here's my next question in respect to this paragraph:-

47 How to give a left change of direction signal.

The driver of a vehicle must give a left change of direction
    signal by operating the vehicle’s left direction indicator lights.

Is the " change of direction " indicated by the change in road direction or the vehicle direction ? Basically I am asking , if the wheels of the vehicle turn, are you changing direction ? Sounds like a simply question hey ???

BTW... road trip to Murfs went well. I seem to have made it back OK.

LP.