Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: What pi$$e$ you off when you go driving??

Re: What pi$$e$ you off when you go driving??

Quote Originally Posted by wags on the water View Post
    Not my choice matey, but I've been booked in for a test for my truck license......so lookout kiddies..............

We try our best to teach our kids to learn the road and to watch for vehicles of all types, 6 yr girl and 8 yr old boy, they are still learning so give them a BRAKE.

I know your kidding but I really love my kids ,

Now teenagers?, different story . . . . for some

They don't even teach road safety in school anymore do they??
    You know...look left, look right, look left again and walk, don't run. I'm sure there's a listen in there somewhere now isn't there...
    It's a wonder more kids are not run over the way I see some of them run across roads after school or when-ever really.
    When I was a kid we were wolloped if we ran behind a car or got anywhere near it when the motor was going or crossed the road without stopping and doing the looking bit. We knew the 'rules' when we started walking. If we did not obey...WALLOP!!. We learnt quickly... and now you have to put camera's in the back of them to look for the little buggers running behind you.
    I actually caught a kid looking into the camera to say goodbye to his mum one day as she was about to back out the driveway. You won't do that again will you Mitchell.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Quote Originally Posted by Pretzil View Post
    Settle a bet, is it true that in the US people dont have to wear seatbelts? and dont anyway?
    Its really up to the indivual states and their laws pertaining to wearing a seatbelt Pretzil.
    For example in New Hampshire Conneticut there are NO LAW to show that any occupant front seat or back has to wear a seatbelt.
    Here in Texas they only passed a law back in 85 where persons aged between 5 to 16 in all seats are required to wear one...persons aged 17+ in the front seat need to wear a belt. Get caught here in Texas without a seatbelt they hit you with a $200 fine. Some states they hit you with a fine and take points of your liscence.
    Ive been here for 7 months now and from what ive seen...its the elderly and only SOME children and adults that wear seatbelts.
    Its crazy...the cars are fitted with seatbelts to comply with safety laws...but people just dont use them.

Mrs Benno1
    Sunny

People that slow down to 80 at Speed Camera sites.

Quote Originally Posted by robothefisho View Post
    People who can't merge.
    People who consistently try to kill me on my motorbike.
    Not using the left lanes unless over taking.
    The bit about motor bikes reminded me of a comment made by the person running a defensive driving course many years ago - "Anyone driving a car should be made to get a motorbike licence."

Quote Originally Posted by groverwa View Post
    The bit about motor bikes reminded me of a comment made by the person running a defensive driving course many years ago - "Anyone driving a car should be made to get a motorbike licence."
    Yep. And while they're at it, get them a heavy vehicle license as well.

Beats me how people aren't careful about trucks. When you argue with a truck, you WILL lose...

The accident I wrote about earlier in this thread is our third. From each of those 3, we drove away (though the power steering unit had to come out on one occasion). 2 of those were adjudged to be totally the car's fault. On each of the 3 occasions, the car was an utter writeoff. Thankfully there were never any injuries.

Cheers,

tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Quote Originally Posted by TimiBoy View Post
    Yep. And while they're at it, get them a heavy vehicle license as well.

Beats me how people aren't careful about trucks. When you argue with a truck, you WILL lose...

The accident I wrote about earlier in this thread is our third. From each of those 3, we drove away (though the power steering unit had to come out on one occasion). 2 of those were adjudged to be totally the car's fault. On each of the 3 occasions, the car was an utter writeoff. Thankfully there were never any injuries.

Cheers,

tim
    The old gateway tolls were the worst for that. I can recall the number of times I have near cleaned up a car whilst driving a fully loaded truck. They seem to think if the lane they are heading toward is going throught the toll too slow, they can just pull out in front of you as you are coming off the bridge...

When I was working for the scale mob, we always had a min 3tonne of deadweight in the back for calibrating scales, so I was never unloaded. Stopping with deadweight is always a challenge!

Craig - passed with flying colours. That hill start in Wynumm is a corker.
    Dreemon - It's the mothers driving cars with kiddies that I had to watch out for. As I was driving down one street, there was nearly an accident in front of me. Clear as day you could see it was going to happen. I for one, will steer clear of school zones at all cost.

I agree with Tim that the everyday Joe/Jo needs to be aware that trucks don't stop on a dime (2c, 5c or even a 10c piece). So when you're out and about and you think you can beat the truck in front of you up a hill (or on the left) then pull in front of them at the last minute, just maybe the next time you won't be so lucky.

This is not aimed at Dreemon, but just another thing that p!sses me off.

Whilst on the subject of heavy vehicles..my biggest gripe is those cowboys that drive those quad and dogs from those road construction sites. I have had a gutful of them..they don't stay in their lanes especially when going around bends..if they cannot stay in the lanes then get rid of the trailers. I would ban those trailers in built up areas. The speed limits obviously do not apply to them amd nor do any of the other road rules.

[quote=TimiBoy;1137347]1. Going slow then speeding up for overtaking lanes.
    2. Going under the speed limit ANYWHERE.
    3. Not keeping left.
    4. Dodging in front of a truck when braking.
    5. Running red lights.
    6. Tailgating.
    7. People who don't know how to use indicators, ESPECIALLY AT ROUNDABOUTS!!!
    8. People who can't merge.
    9. "I want to be in front!"

And possibly a few more...

Cheers,

Tim[/quote
    mate you are just another truck driver.... ADJUST..... RUN INTO THEM.... I DID

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    Whilst on the subject of heavy vehicles..my biggest gripe is those cowboys that drive those quad and dogs from those road construction sites. I have had a gutful of them..they don't stay in their lanes especially when going around bends..if they cannot stay in the lanes then get rid of the trailers. I would ban those trailers in built up areas. The speed limits obviously do not apply to them amd nor do any of the other road rules.
    GREG,they are not cowboys but rtc,s
    round town clowns
    just like the 1,s back when i was silly enuff to do this shit

had to be there yesterday
    most can,t drive for shit
    can,t park for shit and can,t reverse for shit either.
    just give em a wide birth
    these are the guys we see on tv most nights upside down and dead
    drugoes and as dopey as dog shit
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 06-03-2010 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by groverwa View Post
    that is the first and formost thing they should be taught
    i am so sick to death about hearing the same crap
    I DID NOT SEE HIM
    #### off
    my z 9
    my duke
    my harley
    destroyed
    my body
    ####ED
    thanks guys for comming
    yes im straight and sober and very much over the pain

I suppose impatience in drivers troubles me - including my own at times.

Impatience manifests itself in many ways on the roads and equally so in shopping centre car parks where I find people driving far too fast at times.

The defensive driving courses usually show that taking it easy only ever adds two or three minutes to a cross-town journey anyway, once the normal interruptions to smooth traffic flow like traffic lights come into effect so what's the hurry?

Dealing with the irrational actions of impatient drivers is what an experienced driver learns to expect and be prepared for but it is a worry thinking about one's own kids being new at driving and making naive assumptions such as that when the lights turn green that all the cross traffic will have stopped coming. Experience gained from a few scares over many years teaches us to have a quick look at the cross traffic as we go through a green light.

The other thing that concerns me on the roads is how the Gold Coast highway becomes such a racetrack after midnight on a Saturday night at times. I have been towing my boat home from a night's fishing at the 'Pin at legal speeds and had rockets pass me on either side in the early hours of the morning. Happens a lot and is just plain scarey seeing the speeds being done. I have seen what happens when a back tyre blows and it is not pretty at any speed let alone the speeds that those blokes are getting up to.

Finally, many years ago, I had some business dealings with long distance truckies which involved staging some product demos and a modest bit of hospitality comprising mostly beer, prawns and chucky chicken around Rocklea. I was aghast at meeting a few zonked out truckies, high on awakeners and grog before they even got to our events. They were truly scarey.

I don't know if things are different in the trucking industry these days but after that exposure, I was always conscious of how little in control some of those blokes must have been on the last stages of, say, a 19 hour drive from Melbourne - especially if I was facing them driving in the opposite direction.

Yeah... Motorbike riders never do anything wrong, its always the car drivers fault...
    Like the guy tonight at the roundabout who was in a left turn only lane as I was going straight ahead from his right, who decided that when I was about a metre away that he would scream off in front of me and turn right.

The road rules apply to everyone on them, not just cars.

Totally agree and if everyone obeyed them, there would rarely be any crashes. Unfortunately people don't, or they think if i'm not speeding i'm a safe driver. Unfortunately the reality is people don't. Worse then breaking the odd road rule, is inattention. Almost every ride someone will change lanes without indicating or looking. You learn to be very aware and predict what cars will do however can never be 100%. I've had a car merge onto me while i was beside his driver side window and he was approaching from behind. You would think once they hit me, they would swerve away? Nope. Not defending stupidty of riders, but sometimes breaking some rules are in our best interests. There is no way i will ever sit at the back of a que for lights if i can find any way around it or be the first one to stop.