Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: What pi$$e$ you off when you go driving??

Re: What pi$$e$ you off when you go driving??

No so. IMO. and i may be wrong. but !

Once you enter a lane marked with an Arrow, you MUST follow that arrow, meaning you must turn left or right. ( depending on arrow direction ) You cannot proceed straight ahead.

I have noticed at some traffic lights where there is a " U" turn permitted sign, then it is quite acceptable to have your indicator on as you ARE turning, according to the road directions.

Page 11. part 5 Qld Tpt Road rules.

And then, you have the situation where the 2 right hand side lanes are turning lanes with arrows ( so you must not proceed straight ahead ) and the vehicle in the left hand lane.. of the two turning lanes, has their right indicator on. Why, are they going to cross into the right hand lane ... or turn... who knows. I don't. ???

That is why is it unnecessary to have your indicator on to turn in a turning lane.

Probably still doesn't explain why folks want to drift / move into the left hand lane after turning right with their right hand indicator still on.

Doesn't really matter anyway, I got full comp insurance, rating one for life and a bad attitude ( only towards those that ignore or believe they are above the law ).

it's all your fault Scotty................

LP.
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Well, I would prefer that they still indicate no matter what. In particular the roundabouts that have a left only lane and a straight ahead lane. When I am entering from the left of them I prefer to know that they understand what the arrow pointing left actually means.

I have stopped often when they dont indicate and they do turn left, and I have also pulled out when they are going straight ahead and had idiots honk their horns and floor it at me when I do pull out, for having the nerve not to read their minds.

Professional drivers. All of them. Taxi's, delivery drivers, couriers, rep's and all the rest of them. All of the pricks who think just cause they make their living by driving on the road, everyone else should get out of their way and drive by their rules.
    All I want is to catch MORE legal fish!

Geez you were quick to put this thread up Scott....LOL

Most of my gripes have been covered. Especially the ones about overtaking on the open road. One of my main gripes on the open road is keeping a constant speed.....most modern cars have cruise control.....if your car has it and you are on a trip ....LEARN HOW TO USE IT.....nothing frustrates me more than following someone on a stretch of open road (and im talking about freeways, long stretches like between the majors...Bundy...Rocky...Mackay....Townsville...Ca irns) and their speed is fluctuating between 80kph and 110kph for no apparent reason. (whole different story if they are in an older car, or towing something heavy).....have been in situations where I have been behind someone for MANY k's doing 80k in a 100k zone.....then when you get to a passing lane....have sped up to overtake them....only to look at the speedo and see the thing at 130k and the idiot is still beside you...that really pisses me off.

Now to the 'burbs.

Not an open road thing...but a 'WTF are they thinking" thing. Why do people load/unload their kids on the 'Traffic' side (right hand/road) of the road rather than the kerb side. And at places like Suttons Beach....the car park is clearly signe "rear to kerb 90 degree parking"...but everyone parks nose to kerb....and unloads/loads their kids and all their picninc gear on to the bloody road....when it would be much safer and easier to back in and unload onto the footpath. And also to the Fu*kwits that drive through the same area at warp speed knowing there are kids and people doing this. I am absolutely stunned that no one has been killed in this area.

Rant isnt over...just taking a breather before the next installment.

Greg

Over here in Houston...EVERYONE is on the damn phone...texting/talking...day and night. I HATE IT!!! I gladly feel like the odd man out in a group of cars at the light cos im not on the phone. The true extent of all these distracted drivers is evident with all the dented and wrecked cars driving on the roads here.

Hardly anyone uses their indicators...on the city street or out on the freeways. If some of them do...you really need to pay attention...the indicators are the same colour as the stop light (red). Depending on the make...ive found that most of the USA made cars are like that... Chevy etc.

In their cars...people over here are ruthless and selfish drivers...cutting you off then having he nerve to "flip you off". Outside their metal fortress tho its "Morning Mam nice day isnt it" . Im quite wary of road rage here...its estimated that 1 in 2 people over here carry a legal firearm either on their person or in their car.

But truth be told...theres knuckleheads everywhere...regardless of country.

Mrs Benno1
    Sunny

Settle a bet, is it true that in the US people dont have to wear seatbelts? and dont anyway?

The lack of a viable teleporter.

That p!sses me off.

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Anyone that gets in my way at and after 2.50pm today.....I'll remember you car and when you least expect it...........

Quote Originally Posted by sleepygreg View Post
    Geez you were quick to put this thread up Scott....LOL
    Well you suggested it mate....

Here's another...those who want to turn left into a driveway or what-ever and get 1/2 way off the road 395 km's before the turn (whilst they do 17km/hr in preparation of the impending turn) so they stuff up the verge and stuff up the lane for traffic.

Or the parents in school zones. Or all Mothers in school zones. Or some fathers in school zones.
    Did I mention people are nuts in school zones??

I'm going to buy a felt hat for when I come back to Brisbane. Nothing worse then a hat driver...pity I won't drive the Kingswood in Brisbane anymore because that would be worse. A hat driver in an old car.

A little story that was true and I have a picture somewhere to prove it.
    I was going to the tip at Mt. Cotton early on a quite Sunday morning to beat the Sunday rush.
    I was going along Redland Bay road near the Bryants road end and there is a set of lights (2 sets before Logandale) and I saw the lights go orange and people slowed down and then red and guess what??
    A mini bus full of people went straight through. Well bugger me. They passed people who were stopped to go through a red light.
    Well there's another set of lights a few hundred metres up the road. They were well red (see my previous hates...it just had to be) and the mini bus ended up in front of me.
    Well bugger me again if it wasn't full of people with funny hats with blue and white checkers on the bands.
    Anyways I took a couple of pictures with the phone and away we went.
    I would have liked to see where the bus stopped to have a 'word' with the driver as the bus was a home brand bus...no name on it because I would have called the company...
    But bugger me yet again as the bus turned into the tip and went into the defensive driver training facility at Mt. Cotton.
    So in short...here was a bus load of coppers passing stopped cars at a red light to go through the red light on their way to the defensive driver training school??
    And they Police us???

I thought it would have been unwise to question the driver on his driving manner....
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Quote Originally Posted by wags on the water View Post
    Anyone that gets in my way at and after 2.50pm today.....I'll remember you car and when you least expect it...........
    That school time you dope. Nobody goes anywhere at school times.
    The mothers are nuts I tell you..nuts

But a few of my little 'happy pills' will fix that

Not my choice matey, but I've been booked in for a test for my truck license......so lookout kiddies..............

Quote Originally Posted by Haji-Baba View Post
    I drive a lot all over Qld. and there is one small country town in north Qld. that has about 3 sets of lights for the entire town.

The rest of the intersections in town are generally unmarked with stop or give way signs. There are a few roundabouts.

A very simple rule applies, GIVE WAY TO THE RIGHT must be a bit backward out there..didn;t they get told that went out years ago???

Guess what, it is simple and a pleasure to drive there.

I for one think it is great, the rule applies to everyone and I think it works.

Most driver are aware of the situation and slow down accordingly.

Can anybody name the town.

Have Fun Haji-Baba
    .................................................. ......................

I'll give way to the left, right, up or down if he's bigger then me.
    First rule of the road isn't it?? Give way to anything bigger then ya.
    But Division 2 subsection (or clause) 72 of the Transport Operations (Road Use Managment-Road Rules) Regulation 2009 is the go for telling about giving way to your right.

Quote Originally Posted by wags on the water View Post
    Not my choice matey, but I've been booked in for a test for my truck license......so lookout kiddies..............

So how did it go???
    When I did my truck lisence a few years back it was at school pick up tie and the test officer ran me through nearly school zone in redclife.I passed no worries at all.

Cheers Craig
    If you always do what you've always done
    You'll always get what you've always got

People who can't merge.
    People who consistently try to kill me on my motorbike.
    Not using the left lanes unless over taking.