Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: What pi$$e$ you off when you go driving??

Re: What pi$$e$ you off when you go driving??

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    Scotty, I took your advice and looked up and read the Part 4 div 1 & 2. Also read the other doc referred to in this thread.

You'll have to copy and paste the area it tells me to indicate when making turns at marked lanes or let me know the div and sub section numbers. Couldn't find it. I am happy to concede I am wrong, although, I only thought it was useless indicating while in a turning lane, unless you are doing a U turn.

A part does state:-

92 Traffic lane arrows
    (1) If a driver is driving in a marked lane at an intersection
    (except a roundabout) and there are traffic lane arrows
    applying to the lane, the driver must—

(a) if the arrows indicate a single direction—drive in that
    direction; or

(b) if the arrows indicate 2 or more directions—drive in 1 of
    those directions.

I actually find this thread interesting in that it appears we all don't know the rules and in fact, we ( mainly me ) use the same rules now as when we got our licence, and boy have the rules changed.

LP.
    Actually me too, why indicate when the road reads that I must to remain legal proceed ahead even if it is in a differing direction to the traffic to my left, I do make the distinction compared to a turning lane though. Have had this discussion many times with my wife who is well versed in reminding me I have forgot to indicate.

cheers fnq

Read the b@$t@rd of a book yourselves then ya buggers 'cause I could not be bothered anymore.
    Get booked. See if I care.

Anyways back to the story we go......

What pi$$es me off when I drive.....Fuelling up because I know I'm getting well and truely ripped off....and cannot do anything about it. I feel I've been more violated fuelling up then I would if I ever visited mardi gras wearing a pair of white spandex shorts.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

What pi$$es me off when I drive........Driving from Legume to Woodenbong (about 43 kms) and it takes near 2 hours in the little truck because the b@$t@rd of a road is rougher now then it was 20 years ago.

You know Finga if we all banded together and boycotted one brand of fuel for a few months maybe the price of fuel at that servo would go down a bit.

The idea would never get off the ground because some people would never abandon their choice of fuel if it was the one nominated in the ban.

Disregarding the fact that most fuel is the same and a lot comes from the same Refineries and sold under a different brand name.

Go up to North Queensland and check out where all the different fuel comes from.

I don't know the answers but if we keep buying at their prices the cost will go up forever.

Have Fun Haji-Baba

Quote Originally Posted by Haji-Baba View Post
    You know Finga if we all banded together and boycotted one brand of fuel for a few months maybe the price of fuel at that servo would go down a bit.

The idea would never get off the ground because some people would never abandon their choice of fuel if it was the one nominated in the ban.

Disregarding the fact that most fuel is the same and a lot comes from the same Refineries and sold under a different brand name.

Go up to North Queensland and check out where all the different fuel comes from.

I don't know the answers but if we keep buying at their prices the cost will go up forever.

Have Fun Haji-Baba

Maybe you (and all your mates) could write a letter to Anna and ask about that decision about the 8c/l fuel excise and why the servo's adjust their fuel prices around the public hols & weekends.

What p!sses me off is the decision every servo raises the price up to 10c/l in a couple of hours......

Hey Wags on the Water

Do you really think that the State or Federal Governments have any control over multinational companies such as oil companies.

They will do as they please when they please and as often as they please.

Just have a look at the big mining companies.

I know I sound Cynical but read between the lines and you will see where i am coming from.

Talk to the Government, we would be wasting our time.

That is what pi---s me off.

Have fun Haji-Baba

Where do I start

People who pull out in front of me and then do 10k's below the speed limit

People who constantly like to attempt making themselves my latest hood ornament.....

People who think the best way to go around a Roundabout is by using a direct line throught using both lanes....

Low profile racing tyres on boy racer cars in the wet (actually that one makes me laugh)

Grey Nomads who tailgate Grey Nomads - its double trouble to overtake....

Volvo's with bowls hat in the back - they really scare me!!!!!
    Fillet and Release Squad

Quote Originally Posted by levinge View Post
    Volvo's with bowls hat in the back - they really scare me!!!!!
    How about Kingswood station sedans with the driver wearing a hat??
    If you see one give a toot and a wave. That'll be me

Had one of " those " issues today.

I was behind a vehicle at lights, there was a vehicle in front of him. We were in a turning lane ( arrows marked on road turning right ). Lights went green and we all moved off, bugga me, the brake lights come on and we pull up hard. The first guy is actually turning into a servo driveway not 20 mtrs from the lights.

This is my point...... whether or not it is legal, it is a recipe for disaster. Had the first guy simply not had his indicator on at the lights, guy in front of me would have seen it come on after he turned and would be expecting him to turn. Problem solvered !!!!!!!

I always use the indicator when leaving the roadside, changing lanes, intersections , etc etc etc, but never in a lane marked with an arrow and will continue not to use it under those circumstances. If I get booked, so be it, I will have my day in court. There is no way my actions could lead to an accident or incident and therefore should not be deemed illegal. All IMO.....

Let the stones be cast by those......... etc etc etc......

LP.
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

I was behind a vehicle at lights, there was a vehicle in front of him. We were in a turning lane ( arrows marked on road turning right ). Lights went green and we all moved off, bugga me, the brake lights come on and we pull up hard. The first guy is actually turning into a servo driveway not 20 mtrs from the lights.

This is my point...... whether or not it is legal, it is a recipe for disaster. Had the first guy simply not had his indicator on at the lights, guy in front of me would have seen it come on after he turned and would be expecting him to turn. Problem solvered !!!!!!!

I always use the indicator when leaving the roadside, changing lanes, intersections , etc etc etc, but never in a lane marked with an arrow and will continue not to use it under those circumstances. If I get booked, so be it, I will have my day in court. There is no way my actions could lead to an accident or incident and therefore should not be deemed illegal. All IMO.....

Let the stones be cast by those......... etc etc etc......

LP.
    What about a roundabout that has a left lane marked with an arrow? Do you indicate then? This book says you indicate: http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/reso...te_july_09.pdf

The legislation also suggest this.

Remember, in court the judge is supposed to rule on commen sense. Most legislation is open to interpretation.

Mate you can never overuse the old indicator, lets the Numptys know where your going (Hopefully!!!)
    Fillet and Release Squad

Quote Originally Posted by levinge View Post
    Mate you can never overuse the old indicator, lets the Numptys know where your going (Hopefully!!!)
    Well, while I agree with your sentiment, I think you can overuse the indicator, primary example is when people indicate right when going straight ahead on a roundabout, just confuses the other traffic.

Should not have been following so close then young fella.
    Isn't that another rule??...you know...giving yourselves room (time) to avoid a collision??

Absolutely correct kind sir.

Thing is, when stopped at light, who actually stops the correct distance behind the car in front....... what is this distance ?

When moving off, how far do you let the car in front move away from before you move off ?

At what speed do you accelerate ?

In this situation, we all moved of at a slow pace, but because the turning car kept an even speed from whence he started to move, it appeared he was having trouble either changing gears or something. One would be expecting him to move off at speed and continue to reach the speed limit in due course. Because, as the law states ( apparently ) you must indicate at all times. So therefore the following cars assumed he was simply obeying the law and turning the corner to continue his journey. But alas,

Due to the permanent indicating operation, it put the vehicles behind in two minds..... was he turning after he turned ? Did his indicator fail to switch of automatically ?

Had the front driver not indicated AT the lights,( because he can only go one way 'cause the road / lane has an arrow on it compelling the driver to turn within that lane ) but turned on the indicator after completing the right hand turn, there would be no doubt in the minds of the following vehicles.

Makes sense to me........ not saying it is the law or should be law. It is certainly an anomaly and needs to be addressed. Can't have people like me going around thinking they know the rules when clearly we don't.

I might even take this up with Rachel Nolan.,.... bugga, she's that young she probably still has P plates......

What to do ?????????

Be courteous to other drivers and show the same respect they show you

LP.
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

I believe the general rule is that your car should not be in front of where the car in front of you was 3 seconds ago. That means you are 3 seconds behind and should be able to effectively react to the actions of the other driver.

I.e if traffic is crawling, you could be 4m from the car in front if you want to, but at 100kph on the highway you should not be 4m in that condition.

Should also point out that when stopped, there is no distance you need to be behind, since 3 seconds from now you wont be in front of the car in front of you, you will be exactly where you were, you should still be sensible tho.