Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Red Medicine - Tastes so sweet!

Re: Red Medicine - Tastes so sweet!

back was fine JB just the face was salt blasted all the way home.

bastardised one of your flys sean and gave the threadybuster a fin, it swam with grace and caught 2 jew in the first 15min of testing. the flys do a lot more than look pretty the action in the water would get anything going. got some pics ill wack up when there downsized

bloody awesome brisbane_boy cant wait to see the pics....

Will have the fish pics tonight there on mates cam, this was the proto, the fly material reduces the tail hook "hanging up" compared to rubber tails and gives great action and flash, im sure the pe tackle flys will become more accepted theres endless ways to use them in trolling rigs and they will have application for barra and jacks to, just takes more people like yourself to step outside the norm and try things

Quote Originally Posted by Spot82 View Post
    Mate you are a genius! I should have thought of that myself! Well you go buy a decent hook, which are $1-$2 each, then buy the hair for the flys, which isn't cheap, then factor in time to tie it. They really are no more expensive than a soft plasic by the time u for the plastic and the jig heads.

Why complain about spending $8 on something which helps u catch fish that are hundreds of dollars? This trip I caught, 3 Red Emperor (13kg, 12kg, and 8kg), 1 trout and 2 red throats on the one fly, pretty good investment if you ask me.

Opinions are like arseholes.... everyone has one No wonder most people don't bother posting reports on here anymore...

To everyone else, thanks for all the positive comments, greatly appreciated.

Anthony

hahaha everytime i hear about these fish weights they keep getting heavier

well I saw it on 2 sets of scales id have to say those weights are pretty accurate.

Sean...Thats a top pic of the red caught on the Gulp.

Awesome fish allround too boys.....Great post.

Pete

one of the jewies on it

Awsome results guys. Whats the cab set up and why is everyone wet?

open boat mate no cab necessary

Great post spot 82, thanks for the effort, really enjoyed reading of your exploitsand seeing the pics and vids. Good on ya's!
    Those fly rigs look very interesting, I'll have to buy some at some stage and give them a go on the local snapper. By all acounts they work effectively, and well done for having a go!
    Cheers.

Hi guys, Great report!

Would love to know some of the logistics for a trip like that in a boat of your size?

how much fuel, eskys, ice, sleeping set ups etc

Having spent a few overnighters in my own boat which is the same size and a cc would like to know some of your tricks

secondly great to see you guys only getting quality fish!

Cheers guys.

MO

PS really enjoy seeing great results come from the smaller boats

Nice stuff Sean, and good report Spot, aint enough of it
    Tangles KFC

Hi MO,

We took 200L of fuel, 100L under the floor and 5 jerries, usually get away with 3 jerries but its good to have spare.

We took 50kg of ice and that was all gone by the time we got back, we are trying to figure out a way to keep the ice longer on a 3 day trip as it just melts so quick. 400L of esky space. I think what we will do for next trip is make a lot of salt ice bottles which seem to keep very well and keep the esky very cold when u make a slurry.

Sleeping wise i am soft and take a swag, Sean is hardcore and sleeps on a sleeping bag on the floor (if he remembers to take it)

You really need to make sure where you store everything is convenient and don't want to be moving eskys and stuff around a whole lot except to sleep.

Food we take a butane cooker so we can have a hot meal of a night, as this makes all the difference and helps you keep going.

Hope that helps a bit.

Next trip i will be living in luxury in the 625 cruisecraft with beds while sean enjoys the floor in his boat haha.

Anthony

Thanks Anthony,

Sure sounds like an adventure!

Looking forward to seeing the video from your next trip.

Cheers, MO