Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Red Medicine - Tastes so sweet!

Re: Red Medicine - Tastes so sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by Dean1 View Post
    Nice haul boys... I was at work how dare you boys go fishing when others are at work I have to say tho ive come in alot rougher conditions up there ive had waves breaking over the canopy I guess its a cat thing, you fish until it gets so unbearable you forget you have to get home!! Not to mention heading out to musgrave in 25kts coz they say its 'gonna drop out'
    Hey Dean, the vid really doesn't do the conditions justice! It was 10 times worse than what it looks in the vid. I have been out in 25foot swells off tweed and I'll tell u this was a lot more uncomfortable and much more dangerous. We got airbourne a few times doing 20kph.... That says something....

i could watch vids like that ALL DAY!!!...good stuff.

Mrs Benno1
    Sunny
    Last edited by Benno1; 28-02-2010 at 12:51 AM. Reason: me no spell good...

Quote Originally Posted by Spot82 View Post
    Hey Dean, the vid really doesn't do the conditions justice! It was 10 times worse than what it looks in the vid. I have been out in 25foot swells off tweed and I'll tell u this was a lot more uncomfortable and much more dangerous. We got airbourne a few times doing 20kph.... That says something....
    Yeah mate vids and pics are always misleading. The first few times i fished there it was variable no swell, the last few times its been nasty.

Obviously depends on the swell when its glassed out (glassy swells) coz if the wind whips back up with a solid swell still around it can trashed in an hour or so!

Reason i havent been out for a while im sick of crap conditions, or work is always in the way when its prime weather.

Depressing....

I have to tell myself i will get out again soon

How much fuel does the Stabi hold???

Do you boys have to carry extra fuel, jerry's??

Cheers..

air bourne at 10knots is nothing or was it blowing your skirt up in the breeze, when you take waves over drifting come back and see us cause thats when you have to start to worry about where you are and what your doing there !!

Dean....Stabi holds 100litres and we usually take about 3 - 5 jerrys for longer trips.

Justin....Was rough enough for a 5m boat 70km out to sea.

thats fantastic! great photos too. thanks for sharing!

Well done boys, you cracked it again. Some great video footage again as well, makes me think of mounting a camera as well.

Cheers
    Kezza
    Callsign - Smells Like Fish! VHF Ch 21, 73 or 80

well done boys
    great report,pics and video. Well done.

cheers myway

Quote Originally Posted by dunglisonsean View Post
    Spot 82 whats the diffrance in byeing one of these pe flys and going to the arts and craft shop. and byeing some string and cotton and just cable tying it to the back of the bait as shown on previous picture it would have to be heaps cheaper. And get the same reults.
    Mate i reckon your on to something their but instead of cable tying why dont you use superglue cheaper then cable ties im an ideas man too

Quote Originally Posted by dunglisonsean View Post
    Spot 82 whats the diffrance in byeing one of these pe flys and going to the arts and craft shop. and byeing some string and cotton and just cable tying it to the back of the bait as shown on previous picture it would have to be heaps cheaper. And get the same reults.
    Mate you are a genius! I should have thought of that myself! Well you go buy a decent hook, which are $1-$2 each, then buy the hair for the flys, which isn't cheap, then factor in time to tie it. They really are no more expensive than a soft plasic by the time u for the plastic and the jig heads.

Why complain about spending $8 on something which helps u catch fish that are hundreds of dollars? This trip I caught, 3 Red Emperor (13kg, 12kg, and 8kg), 1 trout and 2 red throats on the one fly, pretty good investment if you ask me.

Opinions are like arseholes.... everyone has one No wonder most people don't bother posting reports on here anymore...

To everyone else, thanks for all the positive comments, greatly appreciated.

Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by skipalong View Post
    air bourne at 10knots is nothing or was it blowing your skirt up in the breeze, when you take waves over drifting come back and see us cause thats when you have to start to worry about where you are and what your doing there !!
    Ha ha sorry but had to laugh at that one! Funny you say that coz it takes a few waves over the side before i think its getting too rough to fish If only the fish appreciated what we we go thru to catch them

Mate you are a genius! I should have thought of that myself! Well you go buy a decent hook, which are $1-$2 each, then buy the hair for the flys, which isn't cheap, then factor in time to tie it. They really are no more expensive than a soft plasic by the time u for the plastic and the jig heads.

Why complain about spending $8 on something which helps u catch fish that are hundreds of dollars? This trip I caught, 3 Red Emperor (13kg, 12kg, and 8kg), 1 trout and 2 red throats on the one fly, pretty good investment if you ask me.

Opinions are like arseholes.... everyone has one No wonder most people don't bother posting reports on here anymore...

To everyone else, thanks for all the positive comments, greatly appreciated.

Anthony
    8 bucks is a bargain . Awesome reports guys always like reading them , keep em coming would love to have a crack at some reds one of these days and when i do i will be taking a few of those flys

gee talk about some hostility going on in here how about everyone is the best fisherman, everyone fishes rougher water then everyone else, everyone has the best boat, everyone uses the best tackle to catch fish and everyone knows everything about everything Does that settle it?

Quote Originally Posted by Reefmaster View Post
    gee talk about some hostility going on in here how about everyone is the best fisherman, everyone fishes rougher water then everyone else, everyone has the best boat, everyone uses the best tackle to catch fish and everyone knows everything about everything Does that settle it?
    What else can you say, that should shut everyone up.

Good call Greg

fishfreak

Nice fish verts, tough trip home.. i bet the back was aching. Took us 3 hours from the barwons one time in doms sportfish c/console and man we were so glad to see mooloolaba harbour...

I'd love to get out to fitzroy in my 4.5 trailcraft but i'd be pushing it between fuel and the weather risk.