Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Red Medicine - Tastes so sweet!

Re: Red Medicine - Tastes so sweet!

Gee you guys have definately got them sussed now. How can i get some of those fly rigs Sean? Do you supply any shops locally on the Sunny coast?

Well done lads good report good fish

Daisy

not yet twotins just sent you a pm send me an email any questions.

Well done guys, some top looking fish there.

sweet dreams are made of this...top shelf report and pics...thanks boys

Mrs Benno1
    Sunny

Great report and some great fishing,

How much fuel did you use on the whole trip?

fishfreak.

Well done Ant and Sean. Great read and great fish. Gotta love a 3 hour salty shower to get rid of any dried blood or bait on your body.
    Out of interest, were all baits sent down with a fly? Just curious as to what the fly verses natural ratio would have been.
    Cheers
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by reel scream View Post
    Well done Ant and Sean. Great read and great fish. Gotta love a 3 hour salty shower to get rid of any dried blood or bait on your body.
    Out of interest, were all baits sent down with a fly? Just curious as to what the fly verses natural ratio would have been.
    Cheers
    Scott
    When the fish are chewing mate, there isn't much of a difference bewtween fly or no fly, but when they are not chewing this is when the flys really show what they are capable of.

The last 3 trips I have done to 1770 and 1 Trip off DI have proved that these actually work when the fish aren't so hungary, and entice bites. Last trip to 1770 me and Sean run out of Flys, the spot we were fishing is very rough, with a 15knot NW'er blowing, and regularly getting busted off by or dropping fish, both of which would usually shut fish down, we we regularly catching reds for a period of 4-5hrs. From what i know and what i have heard from people that catch a lot of reds, they typically only bite for an hour or so a day, and if you drop one then you may as well move.

I honestly think we would have struggled this trip without using flys, cause as much as we it looks like we got a good bag of fish and we did, it was very very hard work to put that bag together. Give em a try and make up your own mind is probably the best option.

Thanks for all the comments people. And as much as it would seem we have the reds sorted there is still a lot to learn, we are still trying varying rigs, hook styles and techniques to try improve the catch and to get BUSTED OFF LESS Which I have been give the title of Anthony Bust Off King haha not my fault i hook all the frieght trains i guess

Anthony

Red Medicine 1 - Catching Reds

Red Medicine 2 - The not so red fish

Thats just awesome - there huge REDS alright! Well done you lucky buggers. Cheers, Darren.

Nice haul boys... I was at work how dare you boys go fishing when others are at work I have to say tho ive come in alot rougher conditions up there ive had waves breaking over the canopy I guess its a cat thing, you fish until it gets so unbearable you forget you have to get home!! Not to mention heading out to musgrave in 25kts coz they say its 'gonna drop out'

Great report and fantastic pics.
    Well Done on the bag out.
    Top effort.
    Still trying to get my first red!

Jason
    FISHING IS NOT A HOBBY...................IT'S AN OBSESSION!!

I think they are reasonably priced compared to some of the flasher rigs available.

Thanks for the great report,pics and video. Well done.
    Cheers Gaven

from having spent a period of time fishing alongside Sean with bare hooks myself, while Sean used PE Tackle fly's......... Sean got lots more hits than me