Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Mondy & Awoonga-How High?

Re: Mondy & Awoonga-How High?

Nagg,
    Water was rotten up to the old fence line a couple of bays past pepper point when it was clear for a couple of klms, than dirty up the top of the creek under the power lines. Water quality in the bays have been changing daily at the monent depending on the amount of water flowing through. Jacks was rotten one day than after a lot of rain overnight was good clean water the next. The second little creek on the left up the top of jacks now about 100 meters wide.
    100% 1992
    Have fished it at 85% back in 2003 was a great lake an tops to fish back in those days was not uncommon to be only boat on the lake sometimes a bit scary.

Cheers Foxie

photo 1 up the top of jacks
    photo 2 old cattle yards and homestead site up the top of South B

Quote Originally Posted by Magela View Post
    Nagg,
    Water was rotten up to the old fence line a couple of bays past pepper point when it was clear for a couple of klms, than dirty up the top of the creek under the power lines. Water quality in the bays have been changing daily at the monent depending on the amount of water flowing through. Jacks was rotten one day than after a lot of rain overnight was good clean water the next. The second little creek on the left up the top of jacks now about 100 meters wide.
    100% 1992
    Have fished it at 85% back in 2003 was a great lake an tops to fish back in those days was not uncommon to be only boat on the lake sometimes a bit scary.

Cheers Foxie
    Foxie,

Thanks mate that 1992 figure was what I was chasing, lots of figures about water flows and river heights, but just me couldn't find that one.

Sounds like day by day adventure, will be interesting to have a good look around. Less than two weeks to go.

Your updates are very much appreciated.

Trev
    Fish for the future, enjoy the present but think of your children.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter4 View Post
    Holy snapping ducks - Awoonga is now up 1m since the beginning of March (three days)!

Currently 84.48% of capacity - a massive 288,000ML of inflow since 1 Feb and still rising slowly...

I think (hope) its coming to an end now. The forecasts for the Gladstone/Calliope district are a bit worse than the Gin Gin/Monduran area forecast but they are talking showers rather than rain now...

Don't agree with you Trev, Mondy will get to 65% maybe even 70% (currently at 59% and rising slowly) but we will need significantly more heavy rain to get it to 85%...

Guess we'll have to wait and see...

Regs

Pete
    So Pete wont get to 85% wanna bet ?

Hey Trev

hows your dam looking at the moment, is it going to go over the top??

Ian

Ps it sure must be sight atm.
    Alcohol doesn't agree with me, but i sure do enjoy the argument!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Awoonga View Post
    Hey Trev,

I'll have a bet mate, that it will exceed 85% LOL

Seeing GAWB has posted today the latest level for Awoonga 89.49%

Also, Foxie says that Mondy is 71% but Sunwater have it listed today as being at 70%

That's a lot of water in anyones language, so much water between the fish now.

It that don't beat all, my local dam has been overflowing for about a week now, i see in the estuary section that member Freedom, caught a 2kg Yellowbelly in his cast net while having a throw for prawns in the Pine River, well and truely in the salt section of the river.

Stay Dry,

John.

Quote Originally Posted by Awoonga View Post
    I'm not usually a gambling man, Trev, but I still think a max of 75% is as far as it will go. Would you like to put a beer on who is closest to the final outcome?

From below 75% to 80% I win, over 80% and the prize is yours....

See you there in April for the payout?

Regs

Pete

This morning Monduran hit 72% and is still rising (though very slowly now)...

Awoonga has reached 90% and is also rising very slowly....now just a good sized barra from going over the spillway (1.16m)...

Looks like little or no rain for the next few days...

Went up the Boyne today to the bush camp. It was good to see all the creeks running and all the green grass. All you barra hunters are going to have your work cut out as the water is backed up an awful long way.
    Here are a few photo's. The first was taken in 2004 and I tried to get into the same place again but a campsite was in the road but you can see the background is the same except for the water.

shoud be a good spike in the dam level tomorrow and the day after as the vaves have been shut on awoonga for 48 hours.

cheers
    kh
    WHERES THEM BREAM?

Quote Originally Posted by gladbream View Post
    shoud be a good spike in the dam level tomorrow and the day after as the vaves have been shut on awoonga for 48 hours.
    They were still open at 2 o'clock today with quite a lot of flow through Pikes crossing

And up it continues,

Sunwater are saying today that Mondy is now at 74%

And GAWB have posted today, Awoonga at 90.79%

Cheers,
    John.

yesterday afternoon they were off
    WHERES THEM BREAM?

Quote Originally Posted by Obi _ Wan View Post
    And up it continues,

Sunwater are saying today that Mondy is now at 74%

And GAWB have posted today, Awoonga at 90.79%

Cheers,
    John.

Pete....you are a poofteenth from shouting Trev a beer (oops Diet Coke).

Shout him the beer and I'll drink it for him if I am there.

Cheers
    Paul
    Ranger 188VX - "Sweet Chariot"

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Ren View Post
    Pete....you are a poofteenth from shouting Trev a beer (oops Diet Coke
    Hey, hey, hey...go easy there Big Paul. By my calc there needs to be another 6.32% (35,500ML) of inflow into Mondy before it reaches 80% and Trev wins!

At less than 5,000ML per day now (and slowing) I'm still a chance! At the very worst, I have a week up my sleeve!
    ATM the anti-rain dance is being performed by my tribe....