Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Barra V Xrap

Re: Barra V Xrap

Ahhh, Mike The Pike, now theres a presentation - potential AFC top secret barra slayer right there! I looked at his bro this morn actually, see you had a bit of weight stuck on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete62 View Post
    So if u do send off the dead xies isn't it probable the Rapala will just come back and say. " Sorry boy's u r modifying these lures with upgraded splits n hooks they are designed for hook or ring failure b4 having there guts dragged out through their assh*les"

Or something to that effect

Duh........... Pete.
    Yes I thought of that Poit ..... but then it means that the local version (floater) is not fit for purpose

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

I got a couple wrecked, but being the tite a s s that I am, I have glued them back up....still swim well...caught fish again, broke again, fixed again. When they are totally unfixable or solid loctite you can have em

Got some jointed xraps too....much tougher but somehow fill up with water under the outer skin...I might do some bore hole surgery!

Cheers Steve
    I dont have ADHD......ohh look a squirrell !!!

I wonder if anyone has thought about running a bead of Loctite along the join before it splits as a reinforcement layer......a sort of insurance tactic.......just might work, can't see it doing any harm balance/action wise.
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

Quote Originally Posted by Whitto View Post
    I wonder if anyone has thought about running a bead of Loctite along the join before it splits as a reinforcement layer......a sort of insurance tactic.......just might work, can't see it doing any harm balance/action wise.

nah whitto - the split starts from the inside

Ya probably need to inject some resin into the tail or something (make the tail solid) - though it will probably stuff up the balance

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    Ahhh, Mike The Pike, now theres a presentation - potential AFC top secret barra slayer right there! I looked at his bro this morn actually, see you had a bit of weight stuck on him.
    Yep. little sticky weight makes em neutral, around the front trebles makes em hang nose down.

Pete.

Theo

I wasn’t referring to a person/angler or tournament results, I was referring to your bias against the squidgy product that has been and continues to be very successful.

Seems that this squidgy product gets bashed mainly due to the fact it was heavily marketed and has made a few people and one company a few bucks. Good on them. They were successful in what they did, I don’t believe that they hurt anyone in the process, hence I don’t see why they should be knocked based on their success.

All that said that the bloke sitting at number 9 to which you thought I was referring has achieved great results in a two tour period wouldn’t you agree?

Anyway, I’m sorry to hear that your Mackay experiences have been disappointing. Give a hoy next time your down and maybe we can both change a couple of perceptions. Will PM you my mobile number.

Apologies to all for the off topic post

Cheers
    Birko

have any of you men used the xr14 s i have just got one and they do look a lot stronger than the 12 s, looking thru the light with them they have only a small wire crimp holding the back hook but on some of the destroyed lure pics it looks like they have wire running thru them have they changed the design

Quote Originally Posted by warrior View Post
    have any of you men used the xr14 s i have just got one and they do look a lot stronger than the 12 s, looking thru the light with them they have only a small wire crimp holding the back hook but on some of the destroyed lure pics it looks like they have wire running thru them have they changed the design
    Yeah Al mate they do seem to have the wire through them the fish either hits the lure and the pressure and weight pulls the inner wire tort and on turns etc the lure rips or with the pecentage hook up of mouth hook up's the jaw pressure simply is to much for the lures constrution and the back trebble ends up half way down the body..... either way they are a bit soft for the aussie barra

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    the Richos for me. They just require a little more work to get the suspend thing happening.
    Hi BR65,

My all time fav Barra hardbodies for wild Barra are the Leads Hi-Jacker and the Richos Little Terror.

The problem is that the new Hi-Jackers and the new Richo Sardines are pulling hooks quickers than one can blink.

I have a real soft spot for hand made timber lures and it is very dissapointing to see both of these models fall to bits on 35 cm Jack and Rat Barra. Never had a drama with them in the past however out of our latest batch, about 1 out of 4 are getting destroyed on their first fish with the rear tow point, wire and hooks coming of the Richo's and the front treble and wire pulling through on the Leads.

I have had great success on big wild Barra and Trevally to 12 kilos on the SXR10's. Has any one had any dramas with the 10's?

Nick

Gday Nick, sorry to hear about the Richos for you mate. I pulled a 120 neat on one a month or so ago and no dramas with it.
    Ive got some of the SXR10's but am still mucking around with split and treble up-grades so they dont sink. They look like a barra jelly bean to me!

Quote Originally Posted by nickstock View Post
    Hi BR65,

My all time fav Barra hardbodies for wild Barra are the Leads Hi-Jacker and the Richos Little Terror.

The problem is that the new Hi-Jackers and the new Richo Sardines are pulling hooks quickers than one can blink.

I have a real soft spot for hand made timber lures and it is very dissapointing to see both of these models fall to bits on 35 cm Jack and Rat Barra. Never had a drama with them in the past however out of our latest batch, about 1 out of 4 are getting destroyed on their first fish with the rear tow point, wire and hooks coming of the Richo's and the front treble and wire pulling through on the Leads.

I have had great success on big wild Barra and Trevally to 12 kilos on the SXR10's. Has any one had any dramas with the 10's?

Nick

Only throw the 10s at Teemburra where you encounter smaller barra ..... For me the 12s are just perfect to cast & work - & the barra love em

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO