Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Barra V Xrap

Re: Barra V Xrap

Quote Originally Posted by birko View Post
    more successful than you currently are.
    Says he who has not caught a barra in his last 3 trips.
    Birko
    So because an angler has the number #9 infront of his name, this makes him more successfull then I? Is this what you are trying to imply Birko?

If I was to be more successfull, would I have to compete in Tournaments and beat his scores - is that how it works Birko?

As for aussie culture... have never seen much of that in my visits to Mackay, though it seems to exist everywhere else I look. Perhaps you'd might to like to review your words on me when we meet one day - how does that sound?

Cheers
    TT

Quote Originally Posted by TinarooTriumph View Post
    So because an angler has the number #9 infront of his name, this makes him more successfull then I? Is this what you are trying to imply Birko?

If I was to be more successfull, would I have to compete in Tournaments and beat his scores - is that how it works Birko?

As for aussie culture... have never seen much of that in my visits to Mackay, though it seems to exist everywhere else I look. Perhaps you'd might to like to review your words on me when we meet one day - how does that sound?

Cheers

What about 3 of the top 4 in the rankings .......
    Anyhow - its a senseless argument ....... slick rigs work & continue to work, try telling the next person that lands a barra on one that they dont

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Yup I used one for a hour once dont know yet if they work or not I even founf it on the camp kitchen table cant be any good Attachment 56440

Quote Originally Posted by Tropicaltrout View Post
    Yup I used one for a hour once dont know yet if they work or not I even founf it on the camp kitchen table cant be any good Attachment 56440
    What an absolute stroke of Luck Nath, found a Slick rig lolling about on the Camp Kitchen, in a moment of apparent stupidity you attached it and a silly Barra was fooled into thinking it was a snack.......Nahhhhh that can't be right it had to have been a Fluke, apparently their crap.
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

Quote Originally Posted by Tropicaltrout View Post

That looks like a nice / well set up slick rig - the owner must have been devastated to loose it

chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by TinarooTriumph View Post

Cheers

Sounds like a childish rant to me. Add that to your previous post full of half hidden snide references, and I find my opinion of you going down hill rather rapidly.
    Grow up Theo, the crap you are going on with in this instance is just that - crap, and Im over it!

Sorry Nath

One wonders who is lurking. Twitch, twitch, pause...............................

Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    Sounds like a childish rant to me. Add that to your previous post full of half hidden snide references, and I find my opinion of you going down hill rather rapidly.
    Grow up Theo, the crap you are going on with in this instance is just that - crap, and Im over it!

Brian - dont worry about it ....... when someone (s) become so narrow minded about a product .... then so be it - If they choose to ignore the most successful barra lure on the market - that is their loss.
    Hey .... even I carry a few vipers ( well own a few )

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by Pete62 View Post
    One wonders who is lurking. Twitch, twitch, pause...............................

Pete.
    ....... here ? ....... surely not!

better off throwing a slick rig on a slow roll

chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Yeah, sorry, I "paused" my-self for a while to make sure I wasnt "reaction biting", so, moving on.

Ive got 3 busted SXR-12 Rapalas hanging in the shed at the mo, 2 with the rear body split, and one with a broken bib off a dropped metery not last trip, but one before.
    I'll snap a pic tomorrow and email over.
    Problem is, with Halco 4XX fish rings and VMC 6X #2 trebles, they hang absolutely perfectly in the water, best Ive seen to date. Good action, cast like a bullet, easy on the wrist on a twitch pause retreive, good range of colors from fluro (worked well in the dirty water lately) to natural olive I'll be pinging when it gets a bit cooler/cleaner..

So if u do send off the dead xies isn't it probable the Rapala will just come back and say. " Sorry boy's u r modifying these lures with upgraded splits n hooks they are designed for hook or ring failure b4 having there guts dragged out through their assh*les"

Or something to that effect

Duh........... Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    That looks like a nice / well set up slick rig - the owner must have been devastated to loose it

Yeah the poor owner if he only new

chris
    Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    Sorry Nath
    What for

Pete.
    Who cares

Quote Originally Posted by Whitto View Post
    What an absolute stroke of Luck Nath, found a Slick rig lolling about on the Camp Kitchen, in a moment of apparent stupidity you attached it and a silly Barra was fooled into thinking it was a snack.......Nahhhhh that can't be right it had to have been a Fluke, apparently their crap.
    Again poor owner must have had a berkley shirt on

So if u do send off the dead xies isn't it probable the Rapala will just come back and say. " Sorry boy's u r modifying these lures with upgraded splits n hooks they are designed for hook or ring failure b4 having there guts dragged out through their assh*les"

Or something to that effect

Duh........... Pete.
    Yup I here ya Poit I got not modded up and it's wrecked but I reckon the same never the less

A built in safety feature Poit, treble failure rather than structual failure - I like it!
    They could use it as an advertising feature:

"Our lures will never break because our terminal tackle will let go first on a big fish" lol.

Doesnt even have to be a big fish, didnt Nath strip out the bum on one on a mid 50 fish?
    Your right, I can see their response now - youve moded the lure so warranty void!
    No rear tow point failures to date with the Richos for me. They just require a little more work to get the suspend thing happening.

Mike the pike came in with a smile on his face to, and they are only designed to catch, well, pike............