Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Barra V Xrap

Re: Barra V Xrap

Good luck with the email Chris! Would attach as many photo's as I could to the email to let them see the full extent of the damage that has been happening to those lures. Also going into detail about your full rigging practices will no doubt be beneficial for YOUR cause, as well as possible re-construction idea's that could rectify what your having trouble with - otherwise to them, they'll just see you as just 'one' person out of several million who buys their products & has brought a few lures that have been made at 4:59pm on a Friday afternoon.

Chances are you'll just be seen as a Bony Bream in Monduran! But, as a consumer, feedback is valued... just make sure you nail it!

Suprised you havn't sent a few off in the past to Squidgy? Surely giving feedback on tens of millions of badly designed & made soft plastics that are frequently used on Barra is a better arrow to shoot then trying to knock on the doors of VMC/Rapala?
    TT

Quote Originally Posted by TinarooTriumph View Post
    Good luck with the email Chris! Would attach as many photo's as I could to the email to let them see the full extent of the damage that has been happening to those lures. Also going into detail about your full rigging practices will no doubt be beneficial for YOUR cause, as well as possible re-construction idea's that could rectify what your having trouble with - otherwise to them, they'll just see you as just 'one' person out of several million who buys their products & has brought a few lures that have been made at 4:59pm on a Friday afternoon.

Chances are you'll just be seen as a Bony Bream in Monduran! But, as a consumer, feedback is valued... just make sure you nail it!

Suprised you havn't sent a few off in the past to Squidgy? Surely giving feedback on tens of millions of badly designed & made soft plastics that are frequently used on Barra is a better arrow to shoot then trying to knock on the doors of VMC/Rapala?
    Maybe Theo ...... the difference being that 1 X Rap sells for $24 & may only last 1 fish -
    Besides , I dont have too many issues with squidgies ..... which at worst a few quick modifications turn a very cheap $1-2 placcy into an effective barra catching lure.

Chris

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Hey Chrisso I will get a piccy of mine and drop a email mate..... they are a great lure for hits and catching but as stated one fish and there done.... Yep ya may get lucky with the way ya hook up but hook a trebble low and the other high and they are stuffed... Mine ripped on a 66 cm barra straightened both sets of trebbles (lure out of the packet) now any lure on the market in Australia for 24 bucks a pop should be able to whitstand that...

Quote Originally Posted by Tropicaltrout View Post
    Hey Chrisso I will get a piccy of mine and drop a email mate..... they are a great lure for hits and catching but as stated one fish and there done.... Yep ya may get lucky with the way ya hook up but hook a trebble low and the other high and they are stuffed... Mine ripped on a 66 cm barra straightened both sets of trebbles (lure out of the packet) now any lure on the market in Australia for 24 bucks a pop should be able to whitstand that...

Thanks Nath

The more , the better ....... I'd also like to get a few lures together to send as well - unfortunately I've only got a couple that I didn't turf.

I'd like to think that I would get a response out of them ..... because its their name & reputation - - - - - Plus with the www - things can get viral.

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Maybe Theo ...... the difference being that 1 X Rap sells for $24 & may only last 1 fish -
    Besides , I dont have too many issues with squidgies ..... which at worst a few quick modifications turn a very cheap $1-2 placcy into an effective barra catching lure.

Chris

Chris
    Well old mate, let us know how you go with your email. You sound like you know what your doing...

Won't knock your Slick Rigs too much longer Chris. The 10% of anglers that catch 90% of the fish know how crap they are anyway. Besides, if your wearing a Berkley shirt & catching fish with them, then the must be good hey!
    TT

Things a bit quiet on SW Theo???.Thought you guys were steering clear of this site?Being lower down the food chain.
    Paulo.

Well old mate, let us know how you go with your email. You sound like you know what your doing...

Won't knock your Slick Rigs too much longer Chris. The 10% of anglers that catch 90% of the fish know how crap they are anyway. Besides, if your wearing a Berkley shirt & catching fish with them, then the must be good hey!
    Doesn't matter what shirt or cap I'm wearing Theo ......... I have no financial allegiances and use whatever I feel works the best .
    What makes you think that the 10%ers all think they are crap 4 out of 5 ABT barra events (2009) were won using slick rigs ...... & I dont think I would be off the mark if I said more barra were caught on slick rigs than any other lure during the entire ABT barra tour .......... but I'm sure you know that ...... just maybe more than 10% catch 90% of the fish

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Drop Bears probably accounted for most of those caught to.As you say Chris,get them out of their packet,boil them,store them carefully and they are an affordable Barra catching tool.Your using a wide brush Theo saying that they're crap when they catch a lot of Barra.
    Paulo

Theo
    As much as you align yourself with the Aussie battler, you really epitomise the worst of Aussie culture by your deferral to the tall poppy syndrome. I have no doubt you are an excellent angler that knows his local system inside out. However you would endear more credibility by offering an alternative to the things you arbour, as opposed to attacking those more successful than you currently are.
    Says he who has not caught a barra in his last 3 trips.
    Birko

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMark View Post
    Drop Bears probably accounted for most of those caught to.As you say Chris,get them out of their packet,boil them,store them carefully and they are an affordable Barra catching tool.Your using a wide brush Theo saying that they're crap when they catch a lot of Barra.
    Paulo

Paul .... There is a bit of a movement that is taking aim at certain parts of the Australian tackle industry - If they dont like someone because of their profile or associations then they are a target - The same goes for industry direction , advertising etc ...... particularly in the barra scene.
    As it goes ... the humble slick rig is associated with with a target.

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Yep,Gotcha Chris.
    10% of the Anglers want 100% of the say. Hmmm,I don't think so! They should concentrate on their day jobs I reckon.
    Paulo

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMark View Post
    Yep,Gotcha Chris.
    10% of the Anglers want 100% of the say. Hmmm,I don't think so! They should concentrate on their day jobs I reckon.
    Paulo

0.01% is probably closer to the mark
    No doubt they believe that they are acting in the best interest of the fishing public.... & maybe they are - but just like the attack on frogging & the personality associated with the mainstreaming of the technique ..... attacking slick rigs is just

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by birko View Post
    Theo
    As much as you align yourself with the Aussie battler, you really epitomise the worst of Aussie culture by your deferral to the tall poppy syndrome. I have no doubt you are an excellent angler that knows his local system inside out. However you would endear more credibility by offering an alternative to the things you arbour, as opposed to attacking those more successful than you currently are.
    Says he who has not caught a barra in his last 3 trips.
    Birko
    Excellent words Birko......I will encourage the Barra God to shine upon you on your next Barra trip.
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

Gee whiz Theo we all wear Foxie shirts and we still catch fish too

By way of background I’ve not used the Xrap, or the more recently mentioned squidgy. Got to say I only saw the Xrap in Perth and the price scared me away, particularly when other cheaper lures do a pretty good job. As for the squidgy, when I came across them the available hooks were nowhere near study enough so for no other reason were bypassed in favour of hard bodies.
    Now based on the negatives associated with both brands I’d be a bit cautious in buying either if for no other reason apart from using the devil you know rather than one you don’t. That’s not to say that every brand of lure I buy is bulletproof. Some like the Tilson have body failures that look similar to that of the Xrap, they certainly buckle under the pressure of a big fish and their hooks are well under done. The plastics I use may swim better than a squidgy out of the packet but some need deperately require hook transplants and others are so expensive it makes me wonder at times about the value when one fish shreds the thing.
    The bottom line here is the feedback, as mentioned in earlier posts. It completes the communications loop from developer to producer to distributor to retailer to consumer and back. If a product is touted to be suitable for a particular task by anyone of those links before it gets to the consumer by means of ad, article, editorial or word of mouth and fails to deliver in some way it should be fed back up the line so there’s a chance of something being done about it. Be it a $2 or $200 product.
    Regardless of what we all do to get around product deficiencies feeding back what we do and what the failures are is the only way they’ll be addressed. Keeping quiet and boiling or replacing hooks won’t benefit the majority of users who get caught unawares.
    In the case of the lure I use constantly, yes I do practice what I preach, be it back to the retailer or through to the producer, constructive feedback is always appreciated (or should be)

PS if anyone decides to send a heap of lure to demonstrate a point, be aware that some personal within the companies think the best way to deal with the issue is to send back free replacements as a means to oil the squeaky gate. Make sure your intent is clear.