Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The best braid on the market?

Re: The best braid on the market?

I am not a fan of any PE lines on any off my reels be it spin or baitcaster, I find it to weak to use, I have also found that wind knots increase, random line breakages apear and casting dintance is less for me.

When im not fishing in hvy structure my go to line would be Tuffline in 20lb range. If im fishing in heavy structure or demanding fish my go to line is defiantely powerpro in 30lb. It ties well, is very strong, at first it is a stiff but after a few casting sessions and a few fish to break it in it performes extremelly well. Atm im also trying some 15lb powerpro green on my steez 103h, it is performing very well and the reason I chose this line for this reel was that its finesse enough for sooty, bass and toga but when tieing a bimini in the line I can tie up to around 40lb leader which should let me in with a chance for some heathly barra.

On the note of varivas, out of all the PE lines I have used this would be my favourite (varivas 35lb - the blue line version- forgot subname) It cast better than those normal braids I have mentioned, has resonable resitence for heavy struture fishing and I haven't had it break randomly. Just I can buy two full spools of tuffline for one of these spools, so why bother.

Re: The best braid on the market?

Hey Guys
    I got a new Braid buyers guide, this lists most lines against the breaking strains.
    Worth a look.
    If it's not listed it's because you have not sent it in. So do so.
    Paulus

http://www.pcwi.com.au/fishing/index.htm
    Top of the line testing page
    Thanks