Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mondy Barra Trophy

Re: Mondy Barra Trophy

Thanks Matt

I see where you're coming from, I've been involved in helping to organise similar comps before, (ONE LURE), which had to have Insurance and the like.

I'm still keen to have a look at it and I'd like to turn up, but I don't have boat insurance, and not likely to get it for the boat I have.
    I don't have the boat set up with Electric either.

I've been told about the Muster so that might be the go, although I've checked the Calendar and it will be on the Weekend that the Agnes Water M&G kicks off.
    Might show up for the Muster on the Friday, and shoot through to Agnes Saturday Arvo??

Good Luck with it All

Cheers
    Rob T

G'day All,

Another update on the Mondy Barra Trophy. We have two new sponsors onboard. Gillies/Plano have donated a great tackle bag, and some lures. Also Jason Wilhelm from Barra Madness Fishing Charters has donated a full days guided barra tuition for a lucky junior and their Mum or Dad, on either Monduran or Awoonga. That is a very generous donation by Jason, any kid and their lucky parent would be stoked to win a prize like that.

There are certainly a lot of great sponsors coming onboard, and the kids and family teams will be very well looked after.

For the Pro Teams is also plenty of incentive, apart from the cash pool, there will be plenty of goodies, and..........I've just picked up the 'Perpetual Barra Trophy' from Glenn Stewart at Nerang. This is the trophy the Champion Pro Team will be taking home to adorn the mantlepiece until the next event. Its a very unique creation of a leaping barra mounted beautifully on a timber base.

Glenn does the best fibreglass fish mounts I've seen, and this one has come up better than I expected.

So I hope there is a little more incentive there to come along and join in the fun of the Barra Trophy Tournaments.

Cheers,

Matt

Thats a great trophy trophy Matt!

Matt,
    That Trophy looks fantastic, Glen certainly does a great job.

It's heartening to see the support for the families, well done to Jason for being so generous.

Not long to go now,

Ian