Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mondy Barra Trophy

Re: Mondy Barra Trophy

I would love to do this one... funds well that the problem but hey deano can sell his body???? well Matt we might make it in a few years

Yep will try my best to be at this one!

will definatly get a team together might even be able to get the local gun in who has fished the dam 23 out of the last 24 weekends

Quote Originally Posted by warrior View Post
    will definatly get a team together might even be able to get the local gun in who has fished the dam 23 out of the last 24 weekends
    Paul ?.. comps... mmmm if its him not a chance

nah trev ,just a local who loves fishin mondy ,dont know whether he likes the comp scene though ,but i can only ask, i need all the help i can get up there

It sounds like the Mondy Crew are well on their way! Can the Awoonga mob muster together a Crew?

I've been in contact with some Bundyites today, Namely Tim from Tackleworld Bundy. They sound like they are going to put together a pretty strong crew.

Warrior, I'm looking forward to seeing what sort of talent is unearthed from Hervey Bay!

Hopefully the barra will be in the mood to play!

Cheers,

Matt

It looks like we are going to have a pretty big swag of prizes and maybe even a half decent goody bag with sponsors such as Halco, Pflueger, Berkley, Storm, Wilsons, Shakespeare, Calstar rods, and Mondy and Awoonga maps, already onboard with several more to confirm shortly.

Shaping up to be good value for money, as well as a lot of fun.

Cheers,

Matt

Only five weeks to go....we are already tuning lures and contemplating strategies.

The hardest job might be trying to find the barra with all the extra water!

Al,if you need a deckie mate sing out,apparently my lil boat won't comply.Sad but true.
    Paulo

What have you got Paul? the boat requirements were taken straight from ABT rules. We can probably bend these a little to make these events more accessible.

Cheers,

Matt

paul i will need one ,the fella i asked doesnt go much on the comp scene

Had me interested, when I first read this, I thought it was just an M&G type of thing, yep sounds great, not interested in Prizes and such, but keen to meet up with more Ausfish people and learn a bit about Barra Fishing, might turn up.

Then I checked out the Rules and regs on the other site.

Have a good time guy's, but it's a bit Too Regulated for me.

Maybe something similar (with less regulation), can be organised later down the track that the average bloke can turn up to and learn a bit from you that fish for these great fish.

Rob T

Quote Originally Posted by rob tranter View Post
    Had me interested, when I first read this, I thought it was just an M&G type of thing, yep sounds great, not interested in Prizes and such, but keen to meet up with more Ausfish people and learn a bit about Barra Fishing, might turn up.

Then I checked out the Rules and regs on the other site.

Have a good time guy's, but it's a bit Too Regulated for me.

Maybe something similar (with less regulation), can be organised later down the track that the average bloke can turn up to and learn a bit from you that fish for these great fish.

Rob T
    Its called "The Mondy Muster" held the weekend after fathers day @ Lake Monduran -

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

hey this sounds like a great idea, im pretty novice but after my last trip to mondy im hanging to catch another beast. i dont really have any one else to go into a team with though.

Yep Rob, the Mondy Muster sounds like what you're after. Social fishing with a bunch of Barraholics. No rules!

As soon as you make anything an official competition, there are responsibilities in regards to insurance and permits. Then to make the competition fair and transparant the rules need to cover all the ins and outs in black and white. Which sounds like a lot to digest. But I'd rather have it that way, than have disputes or mumblings marring the event.

If you can get your head around the rules, I'm promising the Mondy Barra Trophy will be a great social and competitive barra tournament. The top teams will be well rewarded for their results, but even if you don't do so well, there will be some great random prizes up for grabs. Especially for the kids and families. The sponsors list is growing and they have been very generous.

Sorry to ramble on, I love my social fishing AND comp fishing - sometimes just an excuse to get a leave pass for the weekend. So I can get my fix, catch up with mates and learn more about fishing.

Cheers,

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by ellis_d View Post
    hey this sounds like a great idea, im pretty novice but after my last trip to mondy im hanging to catch another beast. i dont really have any one else to go into a team with though.
    Ellis,

Take your missus! or hopefully another Aufisher might be looking for a partner. I'll keep an lookout for you.

Cheers,

Matt