Thread: Bass fishing competition

Bass fishing competition

Hi guys, I wanted to let anyone who's interested know about a bass fish series about to kick off in a couple of weeks.
    The Basstasstic Series is non-profit, that is any money raised goes to assist local fish stocking groups and back in to prizes for the compeditors. Mods if it's not appropiate to post this on Ausfish please by all means delete it.

There are 2 sections, Northern and Southern which meet up for round 5 and then the Grand Final, anglers choose which zone they wish to fish in.
    Dates and venues are;

Southern Zone
    Rd 1/ March 6-7 Borumba
    Rd 2/ May 22-23 Maroon
    Rd 3/ Aug 7-8 Somerset
    Rd 4/ Sept 25-26 Borumba

Northern Zone
    Rd 1/ March 6-7 Cania
    Rd 2/ May 22-23 Boondooma
    Rd 3/ Aug 28-29 BP Dam (pending water level, could be relocated)
    Rd 4/ Sept 25-26 Cania

Combined
    Rd 5/ Oct 16-17 Dam TBA (heaps of random prizes given away in this round)

Grand Final Nov 6-7 Dam TBA

All events are Fri night briefing (8pm) 2 sessions Sat - 1 session Sun morn, 2 best bass each session, lure & fly only, cast & retrieve, live weigh in. It's open to everyone, men, women & juniors. The focus of this series is to have fun, learn more about catching bass on lures and raising funds for stocking groups.
    More info can be found at http://www.basstasstic.com/

Costs are
    Adults $60 to join the series & $30 each round.
    Juniors (16 & under) $10 to join & $10 each round.
    Basstasstic also run several other teams events and barra comps that your joining fee covers.
    Cheers

Re: Bass fishing competition

Sounds good Mike, I'd love to have a crack, but arent kitted out with a live well.
    Good luck!

Lightbulb Re: Bass fishing competition

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    Sounds good Mike, I'd love to have a crack, but arent kitted out with a live well.
    Good luck!

Big esky and an aerator mate easy as .

Most of my Money is spent on Booze and Fishin.
    The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

ive fished a fair few of these comps and it is a very relaxed imformative comp worth having a run .

sounds great, i better build a live well before then... ile be at atleast one of the rounds for sure.

Like Daryl said, for a livewell most guys use an esky and a $20 bilge pump with some conduit for a spray bar.

True Mike, I dont even reckon you need a spray pump. I have kept bass alive (and healthy) for entire sessions in a good insulated esky. Just scoop out some old water every hour or so, and add some fresh water.

Its the warmer water in livewells that does the most damage, not lack of O2. Actually, to correct myself a bit, O2 will drop rapidly as the water warms up...thus the need for cooler water.

A frozen 600ml water bottle in summer is a bass's best friend in a livewell. In winter its not nessessary

Cheers Steve

PS sounds like awesome comps, might try to get to a couple myself.
    I dont have ADHD......ohh look a squirrell !!!

A portable aerator that runs of 2 X D Batteries starts at around $25, and some even come with a metre of hose and an air stone. Just stick the suction cups on the side of the esky, drop the hose in, and bobs your uncle and bills your aunt! Pod

Mike,

Is there a time frame for pre fishing ban?

mate pretty sure its the same as most comps 1 week before prior

sounds good

Thumbs up Re: Bass fishing competition

I am with Steve, the best method I have found is the ol' bucket out bucket in method. Keeps the temp right and fresh water in the well.

I do have an aerator that plugs into the boat but the bucket is the go and ice block if it is warm.

The Esky in the pic is the same as mine

Most of my Money is spent on Booze and Fishin.
    The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............