Thread: 1770 Bound and cant wait

1770 Bound and cant wait

Hi people,

I have a family trip up to 1770 coming up and Im going to drag my 6.5m ali plate boat along just for fun. Being new to QLD Ive never been there and was wondering if anyone would share a little info on where to start looking for some awesome fishing.

Is lady Musgrave island out of reach for a boat of my size ?

Thanks in advance

PS let my knwo if anyone else is up that way over easter maybe we could plan a bit of a off shore adventure

Re: 1770 Bound and cant wait

Mate
    With a 6.5 platey you will be fine, on the right day I'd take my 5.5 pressed tinnie out there. Should be plenty of company up there over easter.

Mark

Paulio, Been up there heaps of times with 5.2 pressed alum boat and used to fish near musgrave regularly with no problems. Just have to pick the weather

if the weather turns foul and you cant make it out wide try headin up to bustard head and inner middle and outer rocks, good trollin for macs and some decent shallow reef fishin. in a boat you described you can easily plod up and back even in a messy swell and sea. Also the head land just around round hill trolls well, try spinnin back at the rocks for gts, macs and the like. Hooked up to some small blacks one trip which apparently isn't uncommon.
    Cheers Edmo

Thanks boys for all the advice .... cant wait

Keep an eye on the sounder on the way out to the reef. You will come across some good ground if you keep your peeps open.

Cheers,

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.