flooded grass
    new snags
    deep weed beds
    which would be the best
    or should i just wait for the dam to settle down

looking at giving it a run Monday if you guy think it's worth it

thanks

Re: ANY tips on fishing the new look awoonga

I'd wait a bit for it to settle. All the newly submerged grasslands are starting to rot and smell.

Personally, I would still give it a crack mate It can't be all rotting as the dam is still rising. If i was fishing and with a bit of luck i will be on monday also I would be looking for faster moving water. eg, wind blown banks with high turnover of water. Always worth a crack even if no fish are caught you should still learn something.

Cheers Shaun

The barra are still there and they still need to feed. The tossiemaster and I have been finding barra every trip in the initial rise earlier this month and the period in between then and this last rise. Given the current in-flow there are "new new" flooded areas if you get my drift.

Keep moving keep trying different techhniques - as a minimum you'll learn heaps.

As a tip we've been encountering barra in newly flooded ground fishing shallow in overcast conditions with water flow to the area we're fishing.

Kev

PS Be careful of the new level, things look awful different especially at night eh Tossie

Kev, I can't believe you would let a little tree worry you I am thinking I might have a name for my boat. How does George of the Jungle sound

Cheers Shaun