Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tiagra 16 or Talica 16

Re: Tiagra 16 or Talica 16

[quote=Brent_P;1196548]

As far as I'm aware, the Talica II is the first reel Shimano has made that has a silent anti-reverse and no one-way roller bearing.

Yes Brent, that is why the "silent anti reverse" refers to the eared pawls.
    NOT THE ROLLER BEARING.

Quote Originally Posted by reggy View Post
    Tiagra has a more reliable anti reverse system
    I think we were originally discussing whether the Talica's anti-reverse was reliable. I couldn't find any internet reports of an anti-reverse failure of either the Torsa, the Talica II, or the Talica single speed. That may mean that the Talica's anti-reverse is 100% reliable. And you can't get any more reliable than 100% reliable.

Brent.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent_P View Post
    I think we were originally discussing whether the Talica's anti-reverse was reliable. I couldn't find any internet reports of an anti-reverse failure of either the Torsa, the Talica II, or the Talica single speed. That may mean that the Talica's anti-reverse is 100% reliable. And you can't get any more reliable than 100% reliable.

Brent.
    I should think so. It`s only just been released.

The Talica II was released over a year ago, at the 2009 US ICAST trade show. Before that, prototypes were extensively field tested on US Long Range tuna boats. A lot of 100lb+ tuna have been caught on them since then, apparently.

And I'm sure most of those tuna fishermen ran more than 5kg of drag (the max drag of the Shimano Speedmaster IV).

I think it's safe to say Shimano have learnt their lesson - they never, ever want to have another Torium-type debacle.

I don't think I need to say any more on the subject of the Talica's anti-reverse. Besides, I'm starting to repeat myself.

Brent.

Just get an AVET. no worries

Have a look at Tyrnos vs Avet on Bloodydecks forum.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    The talica is lighter than the torsa, that appeals to me as it still provides a high degree of drag and strength for less weight.. Less taxing to fish all day with. Especially the 10, that thing you can hold all day long and its just so light.. yet the drag kicks butt for its size.
    Have a look at the weight, price, and max drag figures of your Talica 10 compared to the Charter Special.

what about the Accurate BX extreme series? available in both 1 or 2 speed and are very very light at 570grams. Iam going this way withe the BX500XN for reds.

Quote Originally Posted by vertico View Post
    what about the Accurate BX extreme series? available in both 1 or 2 speed and are very very light at 570grams. Iam going this way withe the BX500XN for reds.
    nice, does it have super slapper, anti reverse with the eared paws and hairy feet?