Thread: Southern fryed chicken

Southern fryed chicken

I've been trying to find a good southern fry chicken reciepe or one similar to KFC .
    I've been using the packet one but I've been told its nothing like the real mackoy.
    Thank in advance.

Re: Southern fryed chicken

Someone out there must know how to make southern fryed chicken????????

southern fried chicken...KFC style ....would be alright if it didnt have the copious quanitities of fat and oil exuding from every piece.....I fine their hot and spicy more bearable...just...as it seems to be better drained. I think cooking process is more important than how many 'secret' herbs and spices are present.

Greg

Here is something a little more healthier for you, Lifted from an assotiate:

Jaycee Maryland Chicken

This is a recipe I use when catering for large numbers; it is my version of a chicken recipe used by the Maryland Jaycees (like the tie in?) would use in their version of what we know as a sausage sizzle and is over 50 years old, they call it Delmarvalous Chicken after the Delmarva Peninsula of Delaware, Maryland, and Virginia..

Chicken Maryland pieces

1/4 cup Water
    1/2 cup White Vinegar
    3 Tablespoon Butter
    1 Teaspoon Salt
    1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
    1/2 Teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
    1/4 Teaspoon Tabasco Sauce
    1/4 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
    1 clove Crushed Garlic

Combine all marinade ingredients and boil for 5 minutes. Add the chicken Maryland pieces and let boil in the marinade 1 minute per side. Cool the chicken and allow the skin to dry while you reduce the marinade. Place the chicken on the grill and baste with the thickened marinade, turning frequently until chicken is done. The chicken should be crispy on the outside and moist on the inside.

At least if you cook it yourself you will get all of it. I'd like a dollar for every time I go through a take away drive through & I got back home to find some of it missing. Am I the only one this happens to?tuG telluM
    Not all tools are usefull.
    Nappies and politicians should be changed regularly for the same reason..

Re: Southern fried chicken

Here is another You might like, This is my own recipe;
    Ingredients;
    2 eggs
    1 cup Grape seed oil
    1 cup Cider vinegar
    3 TBs French Mustard
    2 TPs Tumeric powder
    1 TPs Cumin
    1/2 TPs Ground Peper (Fine)
    1 TPs Dried Saffron Flower (Not the stamen)
    1/2 TPs Onion Powder
    4 crushed Garlic cloves

6 Brined Chicken Maryland pieces. (If not using brined, add 1 or 2 tps Salt to marinade) Or none if ya whatching your salt.
    Using your finger, Dislocate the skin so as to make a pocket for brine and marinade to make maximum flesh contact.

METHOD
    Crack eggs into a cake mix bowl and slowly whisk in oil to create a mayonnaise.
    Then whisk in vinegar and remaining ingredients.
    Place chicken into a suitable size container so that each piece is sitting on the bottom (Not piled up)
    Pour over marinade but reserve 3/4 cup for basting.
    Add Cracked pepper to the reserved marinade and maybe another pinch of saffron flower as they look great on the chicken.
    Marinate for 12-24 hours.
    Grill on normal heat, Lid on and Indirect until internal temp of 165F.
    Baste with reserved marinade often.

In the marinade

Cooking away with Butter nut Pumpkin, Spuds, Carrot and Capsicum.

KFC has large ammounts of salt, pepper and MSG. These make up over 90% of the secret herbs and spices. I recall back in the 80s some uni students used a bit of fancy lab gear to break down the components.
    Chicken stock, onion powder, white pepper and paprika in flour makes a pretty good Southern Fried Chicken. Do a double dredge in the seasoned flour with a light eggwash between
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

I am super hungry for KFC now